24.

oath

THE sound of metallic blades colliding with each other rules over the training grounds in Castle Black

THE sound of metallic blades colliding with each other rules over the training grounds in Castle Black. It's been already two weeks of training, and although it's been tough, Derya made it. Soon, they should be saying their vows, and she'll be the first woman to ever do so. At least that she knows of, but a very worried Sam has told her that there is a legend about a woman joining the Night's Watch that was raped and beaten to death. She knows the risks, but she doesn't have a better place to go. Going back to King's Landing could turn against her rather than in her favour, maybe with Cersei tagging her as a traitor to the King and the crown.

Derya's sword falls to the ground, but she dodges the attacker's moves. She smiles as she rolls on the floor to pick her sword. Training made her realise that her strength is based on being agile and having good reflexes, apart from developing it. She may not be the strongest, but she is fast. She is probably the fastest of the lot. She defends herself with her sword, and kicks the boy, whose name is Kai, on his stomach. Then she quickly hits his sword, making it fall to the ground and putting her sword next to his neck.

Allister Thorne stares at her with an intense glare. He has been waiting for her to fail, and the lot should be taking their vows by now. But she hasn't. He has to admit she is fierce and determined for a lady, but it's against the tradition. He breathes deeply and starts walking down the stairs to approach the female.

She helps her opponent to stand up. Kai, who doesn't seem to be very affected by the fact that she won, gives her a slight nod.

"It was a good move" Kai admits. She doesn't know much about him, but he seems to be someone with not much to choose rather than a criminal. She smiles at him.

"You were a fine adversary" She replies before noticing that Allister Thorne is walking over. She frowns confused as he slightly nods at them.

"That was an interesting fight..." He comments, trying to introduce the conversation "Derya, I need to have a word with you" He claims, starting to walk away again. She narrows her eyes at him, even more confused. A spark of hope rushes over her body as she thinks that maybe she is saying her vows. She follows him, leaving the sword on its place rapidly and walking into one of the halls, following after him. He stops to speak with her in an empty corridor.

"Is there something wrong, Sir Allister?" She asks, with a serious expression on her face. He stares at her with superiority and pride.

"Your performance has been good these past weeks" He starts saying, which makes her lips curve slightly. He sighs and smiles, knowing that he is going to crash her inner party. "But we can't let you join the Night's Watch" Her slight smile fades and a glare full of resentment and anger appears on her eyes. "We can't let every woman join freely. Women should be doing other tasks, not protecting a bloody ice wall" He exclaims narrowing his eyes at her. She steps closer, as her blood boils through her body.