22.

brotherhood

❝ a man of the night's watchlives his life for the realm

lives his life for the realm. ❞
═══════════════════

THE SUNLIGHT enters through the window in Jon's room. He passes his hand through Derya'a hair softly as they lie in his bed, feeling comfortable and warm.

"You're going to have to speak with the council, you know that?" She asks peeking at him through the corner of her eye. He sighs and nods, moving his feet next to Derya's under the sheets and tickling her, obtaining a giggle from her.

"I'll tell them everything" He says looking at the window. Derya turns to face him and frowns.

"What do you mean everything?" She asks confused. Jon raises his eyebrows and looks at her shaking his head.

"Everything" He answers "Qhorin, the attack, their plan..." He lists before looking away and sighing "Us" Derya sighs and closes her eyes.

"If you tell them about us they'll never let me join" She says as she rests her head on Jon's chest "They already think I should not join the Night's Watch" Jon looks at her and takes a deep breath.

"I'm sorry Derya, but I have to be honest, and more in this situation" He adds caressing her arm.

"The worst part is, I understand Jon" She admits with a bitter smile "You're the best person I've ever met, and one of the best traits you have is honesty, which is something I am not to take away from you" She smiles as she places a gentle kiss on his cheek. She gets out of the bed and puts on her pants. Jon leaves his bed after her and sighs.

"I'm sorry"

"Don't be" Derya says immediately with a small smile "Everything is going to be fine. If they don't let me join, I could always run away to Essos" She proposes as she buttons her shirt looking at Jon. He stares at her as he finishes putting on his pants. Derya notices his reaction and looks down "My brother told me something about a Targaryen girl, maybe I could go there"

"If you end up having to leave..." Jon starts saying as he takes his black shirt and walks towards Derya "Promise me you'll be safe and stay alive" She nods and smiles at Jon.

"Of course I would stay safe, I would have to come back and see how are you doing" She replies putting on her vest, trying to lighten the mood. Jon smiles at her looking at the ground. She got him completely, with her smile, with her strength, with her honesty... He knows she's special. Derya puts on her boots, sitting on Jon's bed and someone knocks on the door. Derya turns to look at Jon alarmed. Jon extends his arm telling her to stop for a moment.

"Who is it?" Jon asks staring at Derya, waiting for the person to reply.

"It's me, Sam!" The boy responds on the other side of the door. Jon lets out all the air and so does Derya. He unlocks the door and lets Sam in. Sam widens his eyes as he sees Derya, not expecting her to be there "Oh, Derya!" She smiles at him as a greeting "I've got excellent news" Sam exclaims with a wide smile. Jon looks at them with a small smile.