8.

frostfangs

❝if I look back I am lost

if I look back I am lost.
═════════════════════════

THEY walk through the full of snow and frozen glaciers, which Derya finds incredibly beautiful. Ygritte walks next to Derya looking at the way they are heading to. Ygritte glances at her friend for a moment, wanting to tell her something.

"Derya" Ygritte says looking at her friend again "I need you to promise me something" Derya nods with a little bit of confusion.

"Of course, what is it?" She asks frowning at her redhead friend. Ygritte looks down.

"I need you to promise me that if something were to happen to me, you'd burn me. That if we lose each other, you'll go to the place where we slept last night. That's our meeting point. If I don't come back, there are always people there so you'll be safe" Derya nods with a worried look.

"Are you afraid of dying?"

"I'm afraid of dying and leaving you alone" Ygritte admits without stopping in the way. Derya looks at her with a gentle smile.

"Ygritte... Nothing's going to happen. And if something were to happen to you, I will burn your body. I won't let you come back as one of those things you talk about" Ygritte smiles sadly at her friend who puts her hand on the wilding's shoulder "It's all going to be alright, I promise"

"You better be right" Ygritte murmurs as they keep walking through the cold Frostfangs. Derya, as always, doesn't feel the cold, which is an advantage in terms of clothing, she can wear more comfortable and lighter clothing. She's wearing a leathery tight vest above a brown shirt, with some pants she created and furry boots, so her feet aren't wet. On top of that, she's wearing a thin furry coat that covers her completely, not because she needs it but because it makes Ygritte really nervous and even feel cold sometimes, more than usual. They reach a place where they decide they can light a fire and settle to take a break and then look for a shelter. Derya sits down on a rock eating some tiny dry fruits she got in the camp. Ygritte went to look if the place was safe and left me with the other three men. I hear the snow cracking behind me and I see a man with black curls approaching me rushed. I stand up and avoid his sword from crossing my ribs. He stops his sword close to her neck when he realises she's a woman.

"A girl" The young boy with the curly hair lets out really perplexed. I close my eyes and breathe.

"A wildling" Another man comments.

"I'm not a wildling" Derya replies correcting the last man. They all look at her confused by her accent.

"What were you doing with those people if you're not a wildling?" The other man asks glaring at Derya, who scoffs.