Chapter 15

A few months had passed and I was fully moved into Mason's Apartment. My aunt was relocated to an out of state hospital where she had better benefits. We had both graduated and Mason was working full time at the shop.

I still had no idea what I wanted to do, I wasn't really good at school stuff. I want book smart.

I was bumming around in an old sweater and some fuzzy socks. I took out my guitar, it had been a while since I had played.

It was an all black electric, I dug around and found my amp. I plugged it in and layed on the couch, lazily tuning the strings.

I began to strum softly, picking up a tune I began to softly sing, "Stand up, I break my bones, Everybody loves to see it fall unfold. Ain't nobody giving up 'Cause nobody gives a fuck. Stand up, and break my bones, Everybody wants what they just can't hold. There's nobody praying for me."

I felt the couch shift and stopped playing. I opened my eyes to see Mason sitting next to me, smiling.

"Don't stop baby boy, you're so good!" He leaned in and rubbed my thigh softly, I blushed and scowled at him.

"Crawler," I playfully nudged him away with my feet.

He smiled and kissed my cheek, "Yep! Will you please keep playing? You sound so nice"

I giggled and shook my head, I didn't like playing when I knew people were listening. "Nu daddy, not right now." I set my guitar down and moved into his lap.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close, nuzzling his face into my neck.

"Baby boy?" He pulled away slightly to look into my eyes.

I pouted and nuzzled my face into his chest, "Hmm?"

"I love you."

"I love you daddy."

•••••••••••••••••••

I woke up to a loud knocking at the door, I groaned and looked at the clock. It was 9 AM, Mason went to work at 8 so I was alone.

I peeled myself out of bed and slipped on some pajama bottoms, I padded over to the door and looked out the peephole.

Shit.

It was Mason's father, I had never met him but Mason had shown me pictures. All I knew was that he was kicked off his pro team because he was a raging alcoholic. He was a decent guy when sober, but was a violent drunk. The divorce and his ex-wife taking everything probably didn't help either.

I stayed as silent as possible, watching him and hoping he would leave on his own.

He clothes were messy and his hair was sticking up all over. He looked as if he hadn't shaved for a few days.

I texted Mason to come home, but I knew he wouldn't see it until later.

I looked out again and he began knocking more violently. "Open up you little shit!!" He screamed and hit the door so hard, I feared it would bust open.

I ran to the bedroom and dialed 911. "Hello, 911, what's your emergency?"

"Hello, my boyfriend's father is here and he's banging on the door, screaming. I'm scared he's going to try to break in, my boyfriend is at work and can't answer his phone so I don't know what else to do." I chewed my nails nervously, listening to the shouting and banging at the door.

"Alright sir, there should be an officer there in about 5 minutes. Just stay on the phone with me" The operator's tone was calm and helped soothe me a bit.

I waited until I heard voices and more shouting, then there was a soft knock on the door. I walked over and looked out, there was an officer.

"The police are here, I think I'm safe, thank you." I hung up and opened the door. "Is he gone?" I looked up at the officer.

He nodded, "Yes sir, my partner is escorting him out. Are you alright?"

"Yes sir, thank you." He nodded again and headed off, I shut the door and locked it.

I sighed and plopped back into bed, I closed my eyes. I couldn't go back to sleep, I was riddled with anxiety.