Prologue // Tuning Out

Song; Tuning Out // Bastille

         PROLOGUE 

          HE LOOKED SO BEAUTIFUL just that moment. He was hunched over, his elbows resting on his knees as he lit up another joint. His eyebrows were scrunched together, ripples of wrinkles following upwards his forhead as he played around with the lighter. Once he got it lit, he leaned back in the dirty, brown leather armchair staring into Indigo’s wide eyes.

           He knew he had set her on fire. Her insides were raw, burning up by the second as she stared at him with utmost admiration. He loved the way her eyes bored into him, something he was very much used to, but nonetheless the feeling gave him bliss. Yet not nearly enough as the feeling of high.

          “Would you like some?”

           Her stomach churned in a no. So she said what she could in that moment.

          “My stomach is a bit upset right now. Maybe later?” It sounded more like a question, as Indigo’s pitch rose in the end.

           Calum chuckled, giving his eyes somewhere to gaze. He returned his look back on the girl three metres across from him and she almost squealed at the way he glanced at her. It was a look of passion yet a glare of the devil himself.

           Maybe I should leave –

          “You’re just nervous, aren’t you?”

           Her lips trembled, and as much as she tried to preserve any body language she gave it away with a nod of her head.

           He smiled – not in a beautiful or breathtaking way, but in a way where the tension rose in the room and Indigo’s heartbeat picked up.

          “Come ‘ere.”

           She listened to him. Stood from the seat, step by step ambled towards him. He patted his lap, and she inhaled a gulp of air. Then she proceeded, sitting down on his lap as he wrapped an arm around her.

           What was happening?

           Pulling her towards him, he inhaled the joint with his eyes closed as if he were so passionate about the drug. Then he turned towards her terrified face that was concealed with a neutral one. He leaned in, hinting her to open her mouth. When she did, he exhaled and the white smoke fed into her mouth.

           She trembled with anxiety and joy. She felt vulnerable to him then. She was on drugs with someone she had recently met.

           From that moment onwards, she stayed vulnerable to him from day to night.

(i write in the british way. so metres is the right way for me. just thought i would point that out. also THANK YOU FOR READ. MEANS THE WORLD TO ME. HOPEFULLY YOU WILL ALL LIKE THIS. ALL 5SOS BOYS WILL BE PLAYING A PART IN THIS.

Dedicated to : @lonelyluke aka charlie because i adore her. and she's great at writing! please check her out if you don't know her :))

thank you for reading once again!

please leave some feedback alone because that would be great :)