Chapter 18: The Nine Rookies, Kabuto, And A Fired Up Mokou

Start from the beginning

"Yes." I had to lie. 

Finally, my team had finally arrived and Naruto-san explains me how they met the guy in the green jumpsuit and how Sasuke lost to him, and some turtle had appeared. 

"It's called a summoning, Naruto-san. Kakashi has them too. Remember, back at the land of waves?" I recalled.

"That's enough. You are all here for the right reason Sakura, Naruto, Sasuke, and Mokou. I'm proud of you all and I couldn't have asked for a better team." 

Why do I get the feeling that he is making this up?

Kakashi stepped aside and we walked through the doors. A lot more people were here. They were desperate about these exams.

"Talk about a tough crowd." Yuuki whispers again and I nod, agreeing with him. 

Out of nowhere, a girl with blonde hair and blue eyes hugs Sasuke from behind, Ino Yamanaka, and her team shows up behind her. Way to make an appearance of ourselves.

"Back off, he's mine!" Sakura points at her rival.

"Miss Forehead. They let you into the exams." Ino smirks. 

"Leave my forehead out of it!"

"Oh, it's you guys. I knew that this was going to be a drag, but I didn't know it was going to be this lame." Shikamaru sighs as Choji snacks on a bag of chips. "Oh, hey Mokou." He smiles at me. I wave at him and Yuuki begins to hiss at Shikamaru.

"So all 3 stooges are here." Naruto-san jokes.

"Hey, you know what pipsqueak- ugh, forget it. You're a waste of time. Mokou, have you eaten at all today?" I shake my head no and he pulls out a bag of barbecue chips and hands it to me. "Here."

"Thanks!" I take it and begin to eat away.

"What, you feed her now?" Naruto-san asks.

"In case you haven't noticed, idiot, she doesn't eat much and it's my job to make sure she is fed. Her stomach growls like an animal if she doesn't eat. It's such a drag."

"I could say the same thing about you being lazy and all, but I would be offending you in a harsh way." I reply back. 

More and more of the nine rookies arrive and begin to make a ruckus. All eyes in the room were on us. So, just like that, I leave and walk off to some part of the room, not too far away from my team, so I wouldn't have to get involved. All of their shouting was giving me a headache. I just wait until these exams begins.

Out of nowhere, a male comes over to the group and starts showing them cards. He states that his name is Kabuto Yakushi. It's his 7th time taking these exams. But something about him doesn't seem right. . . I don't think he even belongs here. 

He says that he will help us out by showing us these cards he had in his pocket. He tells information about each person. "So, give me a name and I will tell you."

"I'll go first." Sasuke glances at me. "Mokou Fujiwara." Shit... Kabuto twirls the card around with his finger before picking it up.

"Here we are. Mokou Fujiwara. . . She's from the Bamboo Forest of the Lost that is located somewhere in the leaf village. Her age, 12, what it looks to be, but there's a question mark beside that number. Looks like she's not the age as she says to be. She hasn't been on any missions and no ranks. Mokou is only marked as a genin." Kabuto tells everyone my information and Ino asks,

"Bamboo Forest of the Lost? What's that?"

"It's bamboo forest with lots of lost creatures that have lived their for centuries."

"That's where Mokou-chan lives!" Naruto-san shouts. "I found her in that forest when I was kid! But she would always disappear." I have to shut them up. They can't know about my home. 

I lift up my hand and flicker a small fire on the cards. "My cards! That's never happened before." Kabuto shouts.

"Why did you do that, Mokou?" Yuuki asks me.

"Because I don't want them to know about our home. If they find out about it, they might go inside the forest to investigate it. We can't let that happen. As you said, it's your home and you do whatever it takes to protect it and prevent anyone from going inside. So I am doing the same thing." I said back.

Naruto-san screams out his name and Sakura begins to strangle him for being so loud. I take notice that 3 people are heading this way. One of them with a bandages face came by and swung his arm towards Kabuto. 

I got in front of him and grabbed the mummy looking guy's arm. My hands begins to heat up, burning his armor. He screams in pain as I grab his throat and slam him down on the floor hard. My grip on his throat is at the point where I am strangling him.

Another member on his team throws two kunai's at me and I catch them with my other hand. "Attacking someone before the Chunin exams only proves that you are childish. Don't do this again... Or I will kill you." I glare into the mummy's eyes. He stares back with fear and choking sounds because of my hold on him.

"Those red eyes...th-that long white hair... It's you... The Fire Flower..." He chokes on his words. I begin to tighten my grip on this guy even more as I bear my teeth at him, growling like an animal.

"Don't call me that!" I whisper/shout to make sure that he only hears me. But why am I remembering this now? That names feels familiar... I hear it from somewhere... But where?