"This is why I wanted to keep her in the house, Blair. Do you get it now?" my words were harsher than I thought.

"Blake..." Aiden started to talk but I cut him off, too.

"No, Aiden. Do you understand how much I need to keep Carly safe, Blair? But then you come over and force us to go out." I didn't want to yell at my sister, I really didn't.

"Blake, I'm sorry. I didn't know she would get hurt--"

"Yeah. You knew it wasn't safe. I told you it wasn't safe. Now look at what you've done! Carly almost got kidnapped - or worse- , Blair!"

"Blake, that's enough!" Aiden growled.

My sister's face crumpled up into sadness as more tears fell from her eyes. Before I could apologize, she pried herself out of Aiden's hold and ran towards the parking lot.

"I'm sorry, Aiden. I didn't mean to blame her." I sighed.

"It's okay. I'd be acting like that, too, if I was in your position. I'll go talk to her. Just get Carly home."

"Tell her I'm sorry and that I love her."

"I will. We'll stop by tomorrow."

With a quick goodbye, Aiden went after my sister. I muttered a curse for taking my frustration out on her. I took deep breaths to calm my nerves before walking over to the gurney. I saw Carly start to regain consciousness.

"She's alright except for a few cuts and a big bruise on her head. She can go home now." an EMT told me. "Make sure you wake her up every two hours, just in case she might have a concussion."

After agreeing with her conditions, I took a dazed and sleepy Carly in my arms and placed her in the backseat of my G6.

A few minutes later, I was carrying her through the front door of our apartment. I debated on which bed I should place her on. After deciding, I walked into my bedroom.

I tried not to ogle over her perfect figure as I gently unzipped her tight red dress, letting it fall to the floor, before laying her down on the sheets. I took her shoes off and tucked her in under the blanket.

She sighed in her sleep and my heart fluttered. How could she look so calm and angelic after what had just happened? My heart was still racing and my blood was hot with anger.

I was mentally beating myself up. I should've been more cautious. I should've followed her and watched over her even if she told me not to.

And the fact that I had hurt her before she was taken, was inexcusable. I saw the pained look on her face when she saw Miranda kiss me. How come every timebefore something bad happens to her, I hurt her? It makes it even worse for her.

I made sure all the doors were secured before changing into some sweats. I took a seat on the small love seat in my room. After making sure there was an alarm on my phone that goes off every two hours, I settled on watching cartoons on low volume.

I was dozing off when I heard Carly scream. I jumped up, not expecting the sound. She was withering in her sleep, thrashing under the covers.

"No! Why?!" she sobbed out.

I winced at the fear in her voice. It was like an arrow to the chest. I rushed to her side and cradled her in my arms.

"Carly. Baby, wake up. You're dreaming." I said to her, lightly shaking her awake.

Her eyes fluttered open, the blue orbs filled with tears. They widened when she took in her surroundings. Then, her face scrunched up as she started crying into my chest. I felt every sob shake me.