Prologue

Beth's POV  

"Beth, darling...you know that I will always love you." my mother said

"Yes, mom and I want to tell you that I'm so sorry for everything that I have ever done that has ever made you mad. I love you so much, mom. Don't leave me, please. Don't leave all alone in this world!" I pleaded my mom.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart. I'm afraid that I can't keep that promise. Darling, I need a favor from you."  

"Yes, of curse; whatever you need mom. Just ask for it and I will do it."

"Do you remember the drawer that I never let you see inside?" I just nodded.

"Well, there, in that drawer, is a paper with a number that I need you to call after my dea-"

"Don't say that," I cut her off. "-you will be ok. Next thing you know, we'll be back in Seattle playing in the rive,r like when I was 10. Remember? Everything will be okay, mom. You won't die." I told her while crying my eyes out

"Honey, it's my time. The number, find it! On the paper I will explain all. I love you with all my heart and soul." she said crying .

"I know, mom. I love you too" then she smiled, closed her beautiful brown eyes and lost the last small air she held. The life support machine made a beep.

My mothe,r my dear mother, was dead...  

5 days later

Nathan's POV  

"Mr. Smith..." Snow, my maid, called

I directed my sight to her. "Yes, what is it, Snow?" I asked her.

 "You have a call from some girl named Beth." Beth? Where have I heard that name before? Hmmm... why does it sound so familiar? Where have I heard that name damn it!

 "Sir?" Snow pulled me back to my body.

 "Um, yeah. Give it to me, oh and Snow: tomorrow I'm going to California for another bussiness trip. Prepares my stuff for 3 days, okay?" I told her. She nodded and headed out. She was such a nice girl.

So, you can say I'm pretty rich, you know, because of the maid and the office and shit, but I don't brag- oh right the girl in the phone!

"Hello?" I said.

"Hi. y name is Beth Smith. My mother just...just passed away 5 days ago and she told me to call this number after she died" she said in a hearbreaking voice.

OH. MY. GOD, my jaw practically fell to the floor. She is Margaret's daughter! I can't beli-... wait, what? She is dead...?

"Margaret died 5 days ago?" I asked with shockness in my tone and I bet that it can be read on my face too.

I can't believe this. Just a few months ago she told me that they were going to Russia for a treatment. A tear escaped my eyes. God I'm going to miss her.

"Yes. She told me that the person from this number would explain everything when I caled.l" she told me, as she started to sob.

Oh God... it's time to fulfill my promise. I have to tell her... I have to keep my promise to Margaret. Well...here goes nothing.

Beth POV  

"Um... Beth, my name is Nathan Smith and I...I'm your father.

WHAT!!?!!!!!!!?!!!!!!?!!!!?!!!!!?

VOTE & COMMENT & FAN