Oh shit I was really late, I sprinted across the soaked grass, splashing in mud and puddles and ignoring the stares and shouts I got as I shot past the guests and guards. 

I hastily scrambled the cherry blossom tree to be greeted by the sight of my frantic mother in my room.

"Oh my Goddess! Rose, what on earth happened to you, your soaked and covered in mud!"

"I'm so sorry Mum, I feel asleep in the valley and only just woke up."

"Never mind, just get in the shower now and get dressed, you have ten minutes at most. I'm going to tell your father and brothers I've found you, just please sweetie be fast."

She hurried to the door before turning, "Oh and remember to enter through the staircase, so you can be announced." 

I groaned, I was sure to be the last person and everyone would know was late. I had a record speed shower, washing away the mud and grime, before hurriedly blow drying my hair and letting its natural soft curls fall around me. 

Reentering my room I saw a gorgeous red silk dress that had been laid on my bed. I let out a tiny gasp as I picked it up, it was beautiful. I carefully changed into it, loving the feeling of the silk skirt and folds jutting out from my small waist, then I slipped on a pair of red heels. 

As I put on some simple silver earrings for all my ear piercings to go with my silver rose bud necklace, I noticed something wrapped in tissue paper on my dressing table. Carefully I unwrapped it and saw a beautiful, simplistic flower crown, made of dark red rose buds and tied together at the back with a small silk ribbon. 

I carefully settled onto on my soft long brown curls, quickly I then added a little mascara and eyeshadow, to give a little more effect to my face and making my golden eyes stand out more. Satisfied I was presentable and proud of myself for doing everything in just under 10 minutes, I hurried out and down the corridors tot eh ball room. 

I came to the main doors, at he top of the grand staircase where a guard was standing looking very worried, but relief filled his face when he saw me, "There you are princess, there all waiting for you

I came to the main doors, at he top of the grand staircase where a guard was standing looking very worried, but relief filled his face when he saw me, "There you are princess, there all waiting for you."

I gulped, feeling my delicate heart begin to thud in my chest and butterflies flutter in my stomach. 

"Are you ready?" 

I nodded, as he opened the doors and I headed in. The announcer looked up, muttering, "Finally" under his breath.

"Ladies and gentlemen, her royal highness, Princess Rose Persephone Blackthorn."

I carefully walked to the first step, keeping a soft smile on my lips. Highly aware every eye in the room was on me, slowly I raised my gaze as I walked down the grand staircase, and the whole world stop as my gaze connected with that of the most mesmerising eyes I had ever seen and I was engulfed with that delicious scent from earlier. 

As I reached the bottom of the staircase, I quickly dropped my gaze, my mother came to my side quickly, "Well done darling." She whispered and led me over to the rest of our family.

"Look who decided to turn up." Chuckled Nate and Cole quietly while our mother shot them a glare. 

I kept my gaze to the ground in fear and excitement  of those eyes, the blood was pounding in my ears. 

My father cleared his throat and the attention shifted to him.

"Welcome everyone to this celebration of uniting our two nations, I speak on behalf of everyone when I say that our hostilities are finally over and I warmly welcome Alpha King Nicholas." 

Applause echoed throughout the ball room, I was barely aware of my clapping hands as I raised my gaze to the man standing with my father, it was the tall broad shouldered blond man, only now I could see his face which held the mesmerising eyes. His jaw line was strong, brushed with light stubble, he had high cheekbones, and that blond hair looked so soft and silky I was longing to run my fingers through it. But his eyes, were incredible holding me in his gaze, one was a pure ice blue like the sky on a summer's day, while the other was a deep dark chocolate brown. They were unique and beautiful. 

My father's voice brought me back as he addressed the room, "My son Cole, will now play the opening number." He then turned to the god next to him, "Alpha King Nicholas, would you like to choose your partner for the first dance?" Asked my father, who then led my mother onto the dance floor, as Cole prepared his sheet music a the piano and Theo led Ella to the dance floor. 

Nicholas, made his was slowly over to me, I felt my breath catch as he was now only feet from me, I stared up into his face as he looked down at mine. 

"May I have this dance my Mate?"