Ella huffed and crossed her arms, flicking her long chestnut hair over her shoulder, "You wouldn't even wait for me to explain."

"I know, I jumped to conclusions letting my anger get the best of me before I even knew the whole story." 

I was shocked I have never seen Theodore looking so sincere and in so much heart ache before.

Ella dropped her arms and scowled, swiping at tears, "Your so annoying sometimes you know that!"

Theo pulled her into his arms kissing her head as she rested it on his chest, 

"I love you" They whispered to each other.

Feeling very awkward standing there I quietly backed away in the direction of the woods. I sighed as I saw them kiss from a distance, would I ever get that?

I turned and walked through the tall trees, when would I meet my mate? He wasn't in the Royal pack or the Bloodstone Pack, I knew that much.  I kicked at the dirt in annoyance, if I wasn't ever allowed to leave the territory then I would never meet him. 

I wanted someone who would treat me like a normal person, not something to delicate to fend for herself just because she was born way too early. A mate wouldn't make me hide away in a safe place my whole life, they wouldn't freak out if I went on a walk on my own ... actually if they were a possessive Alpha male then they would.

But, what if... what if my mate were human? It was rare but not unheard of.

I wanted a new and exciting life, I want to travel, I want love and passion with someone who's see's me as me and not a permanently sick girl. 

I walked till I reached the river, and sat down at the edge letting my feet splash down into the cool, clear water.  I pulled out one of the blossoms I had braided into my hair, carefully I placed it in the flow of water, watching as it floated further and further away till it was out of sight.

I flopped back on the dirt and grass with a sigh, when was my life going to be begin. I spent most of the morning by the river till I felt my stomach rumble. I headed up to the orchard on the other side of the Palace. 

As I came up to the end of the woods and the beginning of the lawn, I saw a mass of black sports cars pulling to the palace, for some reason I edge behind a tree trunk even though it was unlikely anyone would spot me from this distance. A thick delicious scent was wafting its way towards me, I took a deep breath feeling a little woozy. 

From the first car emerged a tall, broad shouldered man, with pale blonde hair smoothed back. He lifted his head to the air slightly, taking a breath. He was about to turn in my direction, and a part of my was longing to see his face, but then my father appeared, welcoming the man and taking his hand before showing him inside.

I slumped to the ground leaning against the rough bark of the tree, feeling breathless and clutching at my chest were a dull ache had begun in my heart. What the hell was happening? 

Forgetting my hunger, I headed back through the trees and down into the valleys needing to calm down. I lay down amongst the grass and roses, feeling myself drift into sleep. 

...

I awoke with a start as big, fat rain drops fell on my face. The sky was dark with clouds and night, how long was I asleep for? Oh god, I was so late.  

I scrambled to my feet, quickly I took of my dress and shifted into my golden brown wolf. Somehow when ever I shifted there seemed to be flowers braised into my fur, but I didn't mind at all. My eyes as a wolf were the same, just larger and more luminous with their golden, silver colour. I quickly picked up my dress in my jaws and sprinted through the woods, in minutes I was at he tree line, I shifted and pulled on my dress. I saw men and women under umbrellas dressed in all their finery heading into the palace.