CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Začít od začátku

Zack nodded in response as an old lady approached the table. She had white fluffy hair, a wrinkled face and soft, but lively brown eyes.

"Oh, my little Sylvia! its been too long dear" she exclaimed in a country accent as she wrapped her arms around the girl.

"Its good to see you again Amanda" replied Sylvia returning the embrace.

"Here are some menus dears," she said as she pulled away from Sylvia.

She placed the menus down on the table and pinched Sylvia's cheeks affectionately before she gave us all a warm smile and made her way back over to the bar.

A few moments later she reappeared with trays filled with white mugs, she set them down on the table and passed them along to each of us.

"Its hot chocolate and it's on the house as long as you promise to come and see me before you leave town again," said Amanda placing a hand on Sylvia's shoulder.

"Of course we will" she replied.

Amanda pulled a little white notebook out of her red checked apron and began to jot down our orders before heading back into the kitchen.

"What do you think is up with Asher disappearing on us?" questioned Verity.

"I don't know, he was definitely avoiding having to tell us where he was going," said Sylvia.

I listened closely as my friend's suspicions of my mentor grew and sighed. I had gotten to know Asher quite well over the past week, yes he has secrets, but doesn't everyone have something to hide? something that they don't want the world to know? personally, I think its normal, everyone has secrets and it's only bad to keep them if that secret has the ability to change somebody, whether it be for better or for worse.

"I don't trust him, we need to find out what he is up to " stated Verity while crossing her arms.

I tensed up slightly and immediately drew my attention to her.

"I trust him, he is my mentor, but he is also my friend so if he is hiding something he must have a damn good reason, " I said lacing my voice with authority.

Chase, Orpheus, Max and Zack quickly sided with me and bowed their heads in agreement but Verity and Sylvia still looked unsure.

"If you don't trust him that's fine, but don't go invading his personal life, I'm sure you have stuff that you wouldn't like getting out as well," I said half threateningly.

They nodded in agreement just as Amanda approached our table with a bundle of food.

"Here you go my lovelies," she said cheerfully as she set it out on the table.

Orpheus placed his hand onto my back and looked down at me reassuringly making me realise that I was still tensed up. I relaxed into his contact and directed a smile at Amanda.

"Thank you," I said softly.

"Oh, Sylvia do you know anywhere that we can hire horses?" asked Chase before shoving a fry into his mouth.

"Yeah actually, theres a small farm just on the town boarder that lets you take the horses for trail rides" she replied.

"Good," he said proudly.

I took a bite out of my burger when the bell chimed, I didn't have to turn around to know who it was, the electricity confirmed it.

Shade walked in with a few of his friends close behind, he spotted Chase and moved to sit in the booth opposite ours. They sat down and a short girl with very dark green hair and hazel eyes slinked over to Shade and sat on his lap, she started to play with his hair when he glanced over to me quickly and pushed her off before drawing his attention to the boy opposite him.

I looked at Chase and he rolled his eyes.

"He is such an ass"  mouthed Max from opposite me.

We all chuckled quietly and continued to eat our food. I looked up at Orpheus who was still laughing quietly, I tilted my head in confusion.

"You've got ketchup on your face" he giggled.

My smile dropped slightly and I started to wipe my face.

"Gone?" I asked.

"Nope"

He reached over and wiped it off the side of my mouth slowly with his thumb.

"Now its gone" he smirked licking the sauce off his thumb.

I groaned and whacked him playfully across the head.

"Cringy as hell, but cute" laughed Zack also hitting Orpheus across the shoulder.

I glanced over to see Shade clutching his glass bitterly. What is his problem anyway? his emotions are so bipolar. I guess he just hates Orpheus more than me since he is always twice as much of an ass when he is around.

We finished the rest of our food and paid for it before exiting the diner.

"Lead the way," said Chase bowing down in a dramatic gesture.

Sylvia laughed and started to walk back through the alleys.

*** Thanks for reading
I should be able to update again either tonight or tomorrow

I haven't written much about him yet but any thoughts on Asher?

Anyway, thanks again for reading and voting ⭐️ ***