Demigod One Shot

a/n: I was going through old stuff in my works an  I found this.  I  re-read it and thought it wasn't crappy enough not to publish on this story so here you go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leo

"Shrimpzilla! He's back! "

It was the middle of the night. The Argo II was on its way across the Atlantic and Leo was the only one above deck when the attack happened. Seriously, didn't monsters have a curfew or something? Or maybe they just thought, "hmm, 3 am, that sounds like a good time to go attack some innocent demigods."

He yelled and stomped his feet on the deck in order to wake the others. They came one by one onto the deck. Annabeth, Jason, and Coach Hedge all looked awake and ready to fight. The rest were bleary eyed and wore mismatched articles of clothing with the exception of Percy who came stumbling up the steps last and was still wearing his pajamas which were nothing but plaid cotton pants. 

Leo ran to his stash of Greek fire and homemade explosives while everyone else started hacking at the monster's long nose hairs that were entangling themselves around everything they could find. 

When he reached the boxes he grabbed an assortment of grenades as well a couple jars full of green fire. The entire boat rocked hard to one side as Shrimpzilla continued to attack. They were going to have to find a way to attack the monster's only weak point-the inside of its mouth-just like last time. Unfortunately it seemed that as demigods learn from experience, monsters do too. Shrimpzilla was keeping his mouth firmly shut this time around. He obviously did not want a repeat of his last battle against the Argo II. 

"We have to find a way to get it to open its mouth," Leo yelled to the others as he aimed a flash grenade towards the monster's eyes. It had little affect, only causing the monster to hold still a moment and blink a few times. Then it was straight back nose-hair-grabbing. 

Jason was flying above their heads trying to keep the nose hairs from grabbing and breaking the mast. Hazel and Percy, now fully awake were keeping the monster away from the helm. Annabeth and Piper were keeping it away from the door leading below decks. Frank "Eagle" Zhang was flying around the monster's head trying to do some damage but with no luck, and Coach was just going berserk and yelling "Die!" It seemed the only thing they were able to do was defend against the monster attacks. Any offensive attempt was fruitless. Leo could tell his friends would soon be overpowered. They needed to do something pronto.

"Does anybody have any ideas?" Hazel called out.

"We could throw some food at it," Percy suggested. "That might get it to open its mouth." That guy was always thinking about food.

"Any other ideas?" Jason asked from over our heads. The only answer was the sounds of swords and the breaking of the ship.

Piper sighed and said, "I guess we don't have much of a choice. Cover me," she said to Annabeth as she dashed through the door and headed down below. Leo rushed over and took Piper's place. He lit his hands ablaze and started burning every nose hair in sight. This was the best thing for his ADHD, grabbing everything he saw.

"Watch it!" Annabeth told him when he almost barbecued her arm.

"Sorry," he muttered. Piper came through the door a moment later, her arms full of hamburgers, fries, and, for some reason, avocados. 

"Where in Hades did you get all that?" Leo asked as he grabbed a fry and stuck it in his mouth."

"The cooler," Piper replied, "Stop eating it and focus on the giant shrimp attacking us!"

With that she ran off. "Frank," Hazel called out, "Piper needs a lift." Frank swooped down and grabbed Piper with his talons and lifted her up to face the monster. 

"Hey ya big ugly shrimp," Piper yelled in charmspeak, "Are you hungry?" She threw an avocado at its face. Nothing happened.

"Try a burger Pipes," Jason told her.

"Catch!" Piper said the word so forcefully as she threw the burger. This time Shrimpzilla opened its mouth to receive the burger out of the air.

"That's my cue," Leo said to Annabeth before he ran off towards the monster. "Jason!" he yelled, "catch it." He threw a jar of Greek fire up to Jason.

Jason caught it just as Piper was throwing a second burger to Shrimpzilla ("Here, have another") and he threw it into the thing's mouth.

The monster exploded as Frank put Piper back on the deck. The sky above them was still velvety black without any hint of dawn approaching. 

"Woohoo!" Leo yelled triumphantly. "Another point for Team Leo!"

"Actually" Frank replied, "I think that point goes to Team Piper."

Leo pretended to be exasperated. "Fine," he said, " I guess we can share this one, Pipes."

Suddenly, just as Jason asked, "What about Team Jason?" Leo's feet were pulled out from under him and he was being dragged across the deck. As he screamed, he looked at his feet and saw one of Shrimpzilla's nose hairs wrapped around his right foot. 

"Leo!" Piper screamed as Percy lunged for his hands. Shrimpzilla was too fast for him though and Leo was dragged over the railing where he bonked his head. He went under water and the last thing he saw before he blacked out was daylight reflecting off the surface of the water above him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a/n: Sorry about the cliffhanger!!  This was the prologue to a story I had the idea to write a long time ago, but never published.  In the story, after he falls of the Argo II, Leo washes up on the shores of Narnia.  I never finished it, though, so I can't tell you how it ends.  But I hope that makes you feel better.  I didn't leave you completely hanging :)

I saw the picture on the side and laughed so hard I felt bad