Scorpius Malfoy

a/n: So, just out of curiosity, am I the only one who ships Rose Weasley with Scorpius Malfoy? This is Scorpius' sorting on that first night at Hogwarts just hours after the DH Epilogue

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Malfoy, Scorpius."

McGonagal calls my name. She looks incredibly old but the way she carries herself suggest extreme strength. I can't help but respect this woman before me.

I take my place on the stool and the Professor drops the battered old hat on my head. I'll admit it, I'm terrified. My entire family has been in Slytherin. If I don't make it in I think my mother might die of shame. My dad will probably be okay. He has always been soft on me. And the way he spoke to me at the train station made me wonder if he even wants me to be a Slytherin.

The hat immediately falls down my face but is stopped by my nose. I flinch when a small voice speaks in my ear. "Hmm, a Malfoy? Haven't had one in twenty-four years." This is it. The hat's going to tell me, and everyone else, which house I belong in. But, it remains silent for about a minute. Then, it starts to mutter again.

"Not much courage, no, but there is chivalry. And kindness as well, yes a lot of kindness and compassion."

Though the hat can only be referring to me, it sounds as if it speaks of someone else. These are all traits that are foreign where I am from. Chivalry, compassion, kindness. Those are words that are rarely spoken in my home. Especially by my mother, with all her pure-blood mania.

"An abundance of intelligence, I see. Yes and creativity and individualism."

A bead of sweat falls down my face in front of my ear. Creativity and individualism? What about cunning and selfishness? Aren't those the characteristic traits of Slytherin house?

"Why do you want to be in Slytherin?" The Sorting Hat is now addressing me but I can't respond. Why do I want to be in Slytherin? I don't. I just want it for my mother. I've always thought Slytherins were mean.

"You are motivated by your own intimidation and humility, not by desire. That's very interesting."

How long has it been? Six minutes? Seven? There was absolute silence in the Great Hall. What are those people my dad told me about called? Hatstalls! I am a hatstall. This is so embarrassing.

The Sorting Hat stays silent for a while before it asks me softly, "Ready?" I take a deep breath and nod.

"RAVENCLAW!"

One of the center tables erupts into cheering. Ravenclaw. Not Slytherin. I feel sick to my stomach and filled with pride at the same time. But most prominently, I feel strangely relieved. I take a seat at the end of the Ravenclaw table. I tune out the rest of the sorting and just try to breath. I begin to dread the letter I must write to my parents. My thought are interrupted when someone squeezes onto the bench next to me. I look up and see a very pretty girl with flaming red hair. She smiles brightly at me. "Hi," she sticks out her hand, "I'm Rose."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aw, they're so cute! Sorry if it sucks I just have always been in love with Scorpius Malfoy. maybe someday I'll rewrite this and make it better.  Click on this link it's so cute! 

http://letterstomrpotter.tumblr.com/search/rose+weasley/page/2