The Road of Memories

Sometimes, happy memories hurt the most.

Especially whence the person who gave you most of them, becomes one.

Yes, he did often get lost on the road of life, but this road, a one of possibly no return, an endless loop that can drive any being crazy, a tempting but dangerous choice, the road of memories.

And Kakashi, for the hell of it knew that's what happened to the Nohara back in the hallway.

Because it happened to him too, memories, they blend into dreams that give way to nightmares.

Kakashi sighed, and looked up to see the full moon, magically unhidden by the layers and curtains of leaves, from the thick branch that was right in front of a window, her window.

Countless nights, he would sneak up the window, lightly tap one glass three times.

Then, she would open her bedroom window.

It used to be perfect,unreal, a fairytale amids the harsh reality.

They used to sit here for hours, sometimes all night.

Sun, rain, snow, day, night did not matter in the least. They would talk like age old friends, because each knew how the other felt like .

Rin knew Kakashi better than he would have liked. She was able to tear away throuh his walls before he could build them.

Right now seemed so familliar yet uncommon, he half expected Rin to open her window, as she did, and sit beside him onto the branch of this old tree.

Everything had changed since then, he had joined and left the ANBU, seeing things that can't be forgotten, Minato-sensei and Kushina-sensei had died, the Third had joined them, Lady Tsunade was the Fifth, He had three gennin to look after, the Kyubi attack and sand-sound Invasion had changed the structure of the village and yet...

He leaned back his head, the trunk supporting his head and releaving his heavy headache even just for a while and closed his eyes, relaxing his stiff musceles and let out a sigh he had been holding for years.

"KYAA!! KAKASHI-KUN WAIT FOR US!!!!"

Running from crazy maniacal creatures, fangirls, was just another day for the 5 year old hatake.

He did feel sorry for them, a few minutes on the real battelfield and they would be dead before you know it.

Besides, give him a break! He is only five!

So when he came to a dead end, he had no choice but to jump over the concrete wall to avoid those rabid....creatures.

"Ouch!"

He looked down immediately to the petite voice that came from under him.

"Gomenasai." he apolagized.

He crawled away, and took a good look at his landing 'cushion', that actually turned out to be a small girl.

'Oh no, another fangirl' he thought.

But contrary to predicaments, she did not start emitting squeals of horrifying frequencies or squish him in a tigh hug, rather a frown marred her face, which soon morphed into an expression of relief as she inspected the flower beds.

Although, after getting up and dusting himself he did feel guilty in the least as he almost squashed the neat strawberry garden in the yard of this non-fangirl.

He held out his hand in te least, helping the brown haired girl to her feet.

She assesed him for a brief moment and said with ear splitting grin,"Hi there! I'm Rin Nohara. What brings you to my humble backyard?" giggling slightly at the last part.