Chapter Twenty-Three

Magsimula sa umpisa

Smiling at her, I say, “Good morning Malinda.”

“Hey Danni, I figure you would be hungry and probably needed to change your clothes.” She replies happily, but I see her stiffen when she sees the bruises.

“Don’t worry I’m ok, a little sore, but nothing too bad. Thanks for the food and clothes, you really didn’t have to do that.” I reply to calm her.

Setting the try down, Malinda walks over and notices the four bracelets on the floor next to the bed.

Smiling she says, “Well I guess those weren't useful; how long until you get your energy back?”

I frown; maybe I should have hid those. Sighing I answer, “In a few hours. Are you going to tell anyone?”

“Of course not! It will be better for the plan that you can defend yourself. We just have to make sure that you hide your wrists and ankles until tonight.” She answers as she pulls out a long sleeve shirt and some jeans before she continues, “Put these on now and shower, you smell a little and I’ll wait here. Come on get moving.”

I grab the clothes and hurry into the bathroom. After ten minutes I am clean and dressed. Walking back out, I see Malinda on the bed shifting around try to stay still; she isn't paying attention to me. I walk towards the bed quietly and hop on it making her yelp out in surprise. I couldn't help laughing at the face she made and before I know it we are both laughing like idiots. It seems like forever since I laughed like this and for a few minutes I didn't feel trapped.

“That was a mean thing to do.” Malinda reply between laughs.

Smiling at her, I answer, “I couldn't help it. You looked like you needed a good laugh. Now let’s eat; I’m starving over here.”

We both eat on the bed and talked about our childhood memories. It was a safe topic since we both had great memories as children. After we were finished, I expected that Malinda would leave, but she didn't and I’m happy with that. I have never handled being alone well and it’s nice to talk to someone.

“You said something about a plan for tonight, what is going on tonight?” I ask quietly.

Malinda didn't answer right away and I was about to ask again when she answers, “Jace with other packs and Elementals are attacking tonight to get you and kill Jeremy.”

“How do you feel about that?” I whisper out.

Sighing, Malinda gets up and says, “It has to be done. Jeremy has caused enough trouble and he deserves to die. There is a part of me that wants to save him, but for years he has used me and I can’t take it anymore. There were times when I actually wanted to kill myself for what he has done. I haven’t seen or talked to my parents for years and he won’t let them come here. He has to be stopped and this is the only solution.”

“I am sorry all this has happen to you. You have been so amazing to me, it blows my mind.” I answer as I get up and hug her.

We are silent for a while and both jump when the clock sounds at noon. Looking at one another we laugh at ourselves. I didn't realize we talked for hours nonstop.

“I will go downstairs and get lunch. I believe that Damon is keeping Jeremy busy, so no one should bother you while I am gone.” Malinda says as she walks to the door.

I nod my head and lay back onto the bed. I figure I would rest my eyes while she is gone and after sometime I could feel my body on the verge of sleeping. I hear the door open, but I figure it was Malinda so I didn't bother to look. I hear the door shut and footsteps coming over towards me.