Chapter Twenty-Two

Start from the beginning

I jump when Jeremy punches the table suddenly and yells, “Why are you being difficult?”

“So you want me to act like I really want to be here after you kidnapped me? I rather not, so can I leave now?” I yelled back frustrated that he expects me to be here willing. What an asshole.

Before I can blink, Jeremy flips the table over and grabs me by my throat as he smashes my body against the wall closest to us. His one hand is at my throat as the other one lingers at the bottom of my dress. He grip is tight, but not tight enough so I can’t breathe. At this point I should be peeing myself, but I am angry and if I didn’t have these stupid cuff bracelets on my wrist and ankles, I would burn him to a crisp.

“What part of being mine do you not understand? I will mate you and I will breed with you and you will never leave me; get use to the idea!!!” He shouts as his hand drifts up my leg.

As he says that, I don’t care if he hits me as I shout, “You are pathetic. Do you really think you can break me, ha, good luck with that. It’s rather sad how you think that using me will make you unstoppable, but have you ever thought that maybe I will be the one to ruin you? I have heard of the things that you have done over the years; how you hurt or killed people for no reason. You may be surprised at how many actually hate you. You will never win; get use to that idea!”

I look him in the eyes and I see how his eyes are no longer icy blue, but a deep dark blood red. I mentally know I should be terrified, but everything he has done to me, to Jace, to Malinda and everyone else has pushed me to my limit. My body trembles and my wrist and ankles burn against the bracelets as my elements fight to get out.

Jeremy removes his hand from my thigh and draws it back to punch me. I notice at first that he pauses when he sees that I am not cowering back. We stay like that for a moment and I see for just a second fear in his eyes before he slams his fist into my cheek bone. My head snaps to the side and hits the walls with a loud bang. I am dazed, but I don’t show it which makes him even more pissed off.

I am quickly thrown across the room and I land on my side. Before I can get up, Jeremy delivers two kicks into my side and yells for someone. Damon hurries over with a surprised look and I am kick towards him.

“Take her back to her room now, be sure that there isn’t anything in her room that can aid her in any way.” He barks out at Damon, before turning to me and says in a harsh cold tone, “You have just made a big mistake, I will enjoy breaking you and you will pay for what you just said.”

Damon pulls me up and out of the room roughly, but when we are no longer in Jeremy’s line of vision he becomes gentle. My body shakes as the adrenaline leaves my system and my mind is racing. Maybe I shouldn’t have been like that, but dammit I hate him. How he talks, how he walks, how he carries himself; I hate him so fudgen much!

At last we are at my room and Damon is still very gentle. Opening the door he looks at me and says, “He will not bother you tonight, but be aware that what he will do tomorrow. Try and not bring any attention to yourself till then.”

I am stunned as he leaves and locks the door behind him. I have a feeling that maybe that he is one of those who want Jeremy to go down.

Turning towards the bed I realize that he didn’t search my room.

                Jace’s POV

For the last twelve hours I have not settle down at all. I cannot stop thinking about Danni. Since we are in the same area I can feel her emotions and they are bouncing around. From being fearful to sadness and wonderment to being pissed off; it is driving me crazy not being able to see her safe and sound. I am mentally breaking at the seams. I just want her back in my arms; I just want to hold her and never let go.