"Okay, Ash, I got you some food. I'll call you whenever your dad comes." Mum says, placing the tray of food on my bed and kissing my forehead before leaving.

I lay down in my bed, slowly eating my food. I wonder if that was really Niall's girlfriend who called me yesterday. With the thought it my head, I grabbed my phone and quickly texted Niall.

To: Niall

'Do u have a girlfriend?'

I press send and finish up eating. Sitting up on my bed and playing on my phone for who knows how long. I was just about to beat my record in Temple Run when Niall's name flashed on the screen.

From: Niall

'No? Y?'

To: Niall

'This girl called me on ur phone yesterday and said she was ur girlfriend'

From: Niall

'Shit, sry that was my ex girlfriend. I have to go, bye, love ya (:'

The last message sent butterflies into my stomach and giggle as I sent 'love you too' back. I open up my laptop again and started an essay that I was suppose to do a long time ago.

The door to my room opens and I just figured it was one of my annoying siblings.

"Go away." I say, turning around and frowning as I came face to face with my sobbing mother.

"What's wrong?" I ask, wrapping her into a hug.

"No time to explain, g-get into the car." She sniffles. I just let go of her and follow her instructions. I get into the car with her quietly, clicking on my seat belt.

"What happened?" I ask as we pulled out of the driveway. The rain hitting our car, making loud noises.

Pitter - Patter - Pitter - Patter - Pitter - Patter - Pitter - Patter

I felt more and more uneasy with every beat.

Pitter - Patter - Pitter - Patter - Pitter - Patter - Pitter - Patter

"We're going to your school and picking up Nathaniel, okay?" She says after awhile.

"Okay." I nod.

"Your other siblings can't know, okay?"

"Mum, wha-"

"Okay?" She cuts me off.

I sigh and mumble an 'okay.' We arrive at my school and we stayed put on the driveway for about a minute.

"If you want, I'll go and get Nate." I say, unbuckling my seat belt.

She doesn't answer, she just nods and sniffles. Tears persistently streaming down her cheeks. It broke my heart seeing her like that, it breaks my heart even more that she won't tell me why. I jumped out of the car and made my way to the office. Where I spent about 10 minutes explaining to the office lady that 'No, my mum can't come down here and tell you to get my brother. She is having an emotional break down. So if you go get my brother, that would be great.' Soon she just sighed and did what I've been asking her to do. Nathaniel then arrives soon with his backpack slung over his shoulder, utterly confused.

"What's up?" He asks as we started to head out of the office.

"Honestly, I don't know." I say, my breath shaky and my hands shaking. I've never seen mum like this and it terrifies me. "Mum is having th-this huge b-breakdown and I don't know wh-"