•Chapter 5•

Evan's POV

I watched as Jonathan disappeared out of thin air. I growled under my breath. I stood up and jumped the tiny river.

I was all in Tyler's face. "Do you know what you've just done? I was helping him through something!" I started to get mad.

"Evan! We're not in some fairly tale where you can be with a vampire! They can't keep a relationship and hate everyone." Tyler protested.

I thought of Jonathan. His smile, his baby blue eyes, his brown hair. It calmed me. "Not him, he's different."

"That's what you're father thought." Tyler said under his breath. I tackled him to the ground.

My claws came out. I turned into my wolf form. So did Tyler. He was a white wolf and I was black wolf.

He growled and kicked me off him with his back paws. I landed in the lake, hitting my back on the rocks.

I ignored it and went after Tyler again. I heard this really loud whistle in my ear.

Turned into my human form and covered my ears. So did everyone else. "Evan Fong! What are you doing?!" My father yelled angrily.

I looked at Tyler. "We were just playing sir." Tyler interrupted. My father looked at me.

"I'm sorry Dad. It won't happen again." I said. He nodded and walked away with guards following behind him.

I looked at Tyler, ignoring the fact that my back hurt and was bleeding. "You'll see, he's not like the rest of them assholes." I said and walked the same direction as my dad.

They'll see. They all will see. Jonathan means the world to me even though we haven't known each other long. I can trust him.

Jonathan's POV

I laid in my bed all day. I just kept thinking about what Tyler said. I heard a knock at my door.

I got up and opened it. I saw Nathan standing there. He smiled at me. "You got a letter prince Jonathan."

He handed me the note. "Who wrote it?" I asked. He shrugged with a smile like he knew something.

He walked off. I closed my door and jumped on my bed. My bed is the type that when you sit down, you kinda sink in.

I crossed my legs and looked at the letter in my hands.

'Dear Jonathan,

Over the little river we love so much is a fair. I was wondering if I could escort you to the fair. Will you go with me?

-Love
Evan❤️

I smiled to myself. I looked out my window. I saw the werewolf castle. I sighed.

I wish we could live in peace. I don't even know why we have war. I heard someone walk in.

I hid the note and turned my head casually. "Hey Dad." I said and looked away.

"Son, you need to train. I'm old and I don't have much life." I sighed. "Before I do that, I need to know something."

He sat on the edge of my bed. "Go ahead. You can tell me anything." No I can't.

"Why do vampires and werewolves even fight?" He was silent for a minute. "I'm afraid I can't tell you that Jonathan." He said and stood up.

He walked to the doors. "Follow me. We must train." I sighed and followed him.

He led me to an outside place with all types of obstacles. "You must run to the end of the trail, dodge anything that comes in your way, and defeat a werewolf." The werewolf was Nathan dressed up like one.

He counted down. "3...2...1!" He started a timer. I ran, almost falling in the process.

I made it to the end and jumped the ditch. When I did I saw some of my friends blocking my way.

I narrowed my eyes. I ran towards them. Craig tried to push me out the way.

I moved at the last second, tricking him. I chuckled to myself. My other friend, Brock, stood in front of my way as I was running towards him.

When I reached him he fell to the floor, trying to trip me. I jumped over his legs.

My good friend, Scotty, was there waiting for me. He ran towards me while I was doing the same to him.

He tried to throw a punch at me. He dodged it. He also tried to kick me in the face. I grabbed his leg and flipped him.

The last person was Lui. This little fellow had his legs spread out. He tried to grab me but I slid under him.

After all of them were defeated, I moved onto Nathan. He charged at me. I was struck in the chin.

I didn't stop because of the pain. I kept going. I kicked him to the floor. He fell with a thud.

I used the fake sword and put it on him, marking him as dead. I ran and pushed the button at the end of the entire thing.

I was out of breath. I walked over to my dad. He was shocked. I walked away with all of my friends, leaving my dad there.