• six •

OKAY BUT SPOTIFY PUT HEY THERE DELILAH IN ONE OF MY DAILY MIXES AND 12 YEAR OLD ME IS SCREAMING. I like feel nostalgic asf right now?? Like 12-13 year old me heard this song on iCarly??

unedited and absolute trash BUT THATS ME. TRASHY AND A MESS LMAO.
-

Jessica curled the last piece of her hair that needed to be curled and turned off the curling wand, letting it cool before putting it away. She had curled her hair a little before work so she only tried to touch up the parts that had fallen flat. Her hair was in looser curls, which actually didn't look as bad as she thought it was going to look.

She grabbed a sleek black coat, she only ever wore it in the spring or fall, and laid it across a chair in her smaller dining room.

Auston had texted her earlier, telling her that he had made reservations for a restaurant downtown. She was shocked that he got in under such short notice, but when you're Auston Matthews any hockey fan in Toronto will sneak you onto their guest list. The restaurant was on the fancier side so Jessica pulled out the nicest dress she owned.

It was strapless and on the longer side, ending just a bit under her mid-calf, with a slit running up the dress. It was a darker red on the upper half, but the deep red shade ended at her waist and the rest of the dress was black. This dress was the best article of clothes Jessica owned, the only downside being it was strapless, which meant she had to constantly be aware of making sure the dress never slipped to far down. A plus to the dress was that she didn't have to wear a bra, which she loved since bras were the worst thing in her existence.

She slipped on her heels just as she heard Auston knock on her door. She opened the door with a smile, excited to be going for dinner. Though she knew this restaurant was way out of her pay range for a journalist who had student loans and made just above the $14.00 minimum wage.

"Hey, just let me grab my coat, did you want a bottle of water or anything?" Jessica asked as she quickly moved across the room to grab her coat. Her living room, kitchen, dining room area was almost all the same room, it was an open concept, with a wall separating the kitchen and the dining room.

"I'm okay," Auston was dressed in a three piece suit, fancier than she had expected him to look. She didn't even know that the young leafs player knew three-piece suits existed.

She walked over while slipping her coat on, struggling since she hadn't noticed the one sleeve was half inside out.

"Here," Auston stepped behind her and pulled the sleeve so it was as crumpled and instead resembled an actual sleeve. "You look beautiful." He commented and Jessica felt his hands move back up her arms, smoothing the jacket out.

"Thank you," Jessica mumbled, unable to fight the blush she was going to have from his comments. "You look pretty handsome yourself," she laughed and the two walked towards Auston's car.

They talked with ease to one another as Auston drove with the rush hour traffic. Laughing at the horrible puns worked into every story, moving from topics like their parents, to work, to their own random experiences.

"My parents are amazing. They've gone through a lot and stayed together through everything- good and bad things. I want to someday love someone as much as my parents love each other," Jessica finished off. "Someone who will be there through all the good and bad times who doesn't leave my side- and vice versa. I wouldn't leave theirs through their good and bad times," Jessica rambled. "I'm rambling now. It's weird isn't it?" She asked laughing.