THIRTEEN

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

◆ ◆ ◆ ◆ ◆

Nora was a very quiet person and liked to keep to herself. She was never one to spark up a conversation with someone or raise her hand in class. She liked to keep to head down and observe everything from the sidelines.

Well, that was the old Nora. The Nora before she met Cheryl Blossom.

If you asked anyone to describe Cheryl Blossom, they would probably say that she is the queen bee of the school. A bitchy, rich, redhead who somehow became best friends with a nobody. That nobody just happened to be Nora Claire.

(It's quite obvious that it was Cheryl who sparked up a conversation with Nora a week into freshman year.)

Although, Nora was already best friends with the 'weirdo', Jughead Jones. The two were best friends because their parents knew each other from high school and were also from the same gang. But, that's a different story for another time.

After a while, Nora and Cheryl became close.

They soon began to trust each other with anything. Nora cried to Cheryl when she was dealing with the troubles with her father and Cheryl cried to Nora when her parents were too much for her. The two became inseparable.

Their friendship was sweet and sacred in the beginning but soon it became more. Something that neither of them could control. But, it was exhilarating.

And Nora loved it.

They both did.

Although, they didn't think anyone would accept it. They thought that if they told people...they would become an outcast in a place that they built an empire, to simply watch it crumble and fall if they told this secret.

So, Cheryl begged Nora to keep her mouth shut.

And that's exactly what Nora did.

Keep her mouth shut.

She never told anyone, not even Jughead, to which she used to tell everything to.

This secret was one that neither of them thought would ever see the light of day because it was buried so deep. For a while, Nora was okay with this secret not getting out, nobody knowing what was happening. But, it was hard to keep it a secret.

(Mainly because of how Nora wasn't the best at keeping secrets.)

(So, eventually, Jason found out their secret.)

Then chaos happened.

Jason didn't have a problem with it. Jason, surprisingly, wasn't the cause of the chaos.

Nora thought that they were in the clear when she entered the room that night.

Cheryl thought that her parents wouldn't be back until late.

They thought that nothing bad would happen.

But everything that could go wrong...went wrong.

The house was silent. Penelope and Clifford Blossom were out at a social event that Cheryl couldn't remember because Cheryl hadn't paid any attention to the conversation she had with her parents earlier in the evening.

As a result of her parents not being at home and Jason out with Polly, Cheryl had asked for Nora to come over and hang out for a bit since she was home alone and bored. And obviously...Nora agreed.

Nora came to Thornhill expecting to be chilling with her best friend, watching movies and well 'hanging out', as did Cheryl.

But, what no one realised, was that Penelope had left her lipstick on her dresser in her bedroom. Penelope, being vain and sophisticated, decided to return home in order to retrieve her lipstick.

Nora had entered Thornhill after Cheryl had opened the front door with a smile on her face. The two had laughed their way up the stairs and into Cheryl's bedroom. "Do you know when your parents should be back?" Nora asked, stepping closer to Cheryl after she had removed her coat, to reveal her pyjama's.

A smirk began to grow on Cheryl's face as she stepped closer to Nora and whispered, "Late." Nora nodded her eyes glued to Cheryl's.

"Perfect," Nora muttered as she leaned in to kiss Cheryl.

"Cheryl, why is your lipstick in my collection? I thought I told you that you -- Cheryl!" Nora and Cheryl broke apart as soon as they heard Penelope Blossom enter the room.

The shocked look on her face shows that they had been caught. Penelope's facial expression grew cold as she glared at Nora.

"What the hell do you think you are doing, giving your...your...disease to my daughter! Get out! Get out of my house right now before I call the police!"

Penelope Blossom spat at Nora causing Nora to glance at Cheryl who had the same disgusted look on her face as her mother.

Cheryl was simply trying to cover up what had happened and blame it all on Nora, which Nora was not having.

Nora clenched her jaw as she glared at Cheryl Blossom.

That event occurred during March of Freshman year. The two never really recovered from their friendship (or relationship for that matter) ever. But, that screaming match that happened about Jason and hoarding drugs happened about two months later.

Ever since then, whenever Nora sees Cheryl in the hallways, she feels as if ten tonnes of weight were placed on her chest and she can't breathe. Although, you would probably think that it was because she was 'jealous' or something like that.

No.

Every time she sees Cheryl, Nora feels as if she had lost a friend. As if she was reliving that pain over and over again every time that she sees her. The pain can get unbearable, but, she tends to ignore and instead anger shows. She tends to push people away for no reason. Or she gets quiet and tends not to speak. Nora had changed drastically, from being a shy girl to a complete bitch, to being well, still a bitch, but a nicer one.

At least she was trying.

Nora was always told that if you try, you will get somewhere. So, that was her aim. To get somewhere. With a certain someone.

◆ ◆ ◆ ◆ ◆

AUTHOR'S NOTE

◆ ◆ ◆ ◆ ◆

i hope that you enjoyed a little inside to nora pre-riverdale season one. i really enjoyed writing it especially after my little hiatus. btw, thank you for all the sweet messages i've been recieving in my pms, i really needed them. but thank fuck its summer and this book is actually not that far from ending. so hopefully it will be done by the end august-september. thank you for sticking around ily. bye <3