PROLOGUE

------ prologue !

NORA CLAIRE LAY HER HEAD BACK AS SHE STARED AT THE CEILING IN POP'S DINER

NORA CLAIRE LAY HER HEAD BACK AS SHE STARED AT THE CEILING IN POP'S DINER. Nora sat in a booth, with her chocolate milkshake, waiting for Jughead Jones to arrive. Nora couldn't help but sigh in boredom as she lifted her head up and looked out the window, beginning to get impatient. Nora couldn't see anyone she knew out the brightly lit window. All she could see was two dark figures, faces meeting, in the distance.

Nora scrunched her face up, disgusted at the sight. Nora's eyes shifted from the window, back to her milkshake, to which she lifted from the table, the cold steel frame brushing against her skin, sending chills throughout her body. Nora, distracted by the sweet taste of her milkshake, didn't realise that Jughead has entered through the diner. He rolled his eyes when he saw her. Nora Claire is a girl who hates to be late and rather comes about an hour early. Which is exactly what she did today.

She had just finished her second milkshake when he arrived. He walked ever so slowly towards her and plastered a fake smile on his face when he sat down across from her. She smirked as Jughead opened his laptop and began to type as she ordered a coffee and a chocolate milkshake. "What're you doing, Jug?" Nora asked her friend nosily. She sat up in her seat and waited for the raven-haired boy to reply.

Jughead Jones loved writing and being caught up in a web called his imagination. With an exception of today, of course. Today was the day he was going to write about the tragedy that happened, this summer. Jughead ignored her and continued to type, but Nora Claire was persistent and needed to know the answer.

She stood up and walked over towards the other side of the booth and looked at her friend as he continued typing. He stopped when he felt a head resting on his shoulder. He stared at the brunette and lifted her head up and looked at him innocently. "Nore, ever heard of personal space?" he groaned. Nora rolled her eyes at him and sighed. Nora's eyes began to scan through the screen, reading every word, smiling as a new one appeared.

"This is really good, Jug," Nora said, honestly. Jughead smiled softly before continuing to write.

------

Our story is about a town, a small town, and the people who live in the town. From a distance, it presents itself like so many other small towns, all over the world. Safe, decent, innocent. Get closer though and you start seeing the shadows underneath. The name of our town is Riverdale. And our story begins, I guess, with what the Blossom twins did the summer.

On the fourth of July, just after dawn, Jason and Cheryl Blossom drove out to Sweetwater River for an early morning boat ride. The next thing we know happened for sure, was that Dilton Doiley, who was leading Riverdale's Boy Scout Troop on a bird-watching expedition, came upon Cheryl by the river's edge. Riverdale Police dragged Sweetwater River for Jason's body, but never found it.

So, a week later, the Blossom family buried an empty casket, and Jason's death was ruled an accident as the story that Cheryl told made the rounds. That Cheryl dropped a glove in the water, and Jason reached down to get it, and accidentally tipped the boat. And panicked. And drowned. As for us, we were still talking about the July fourth tragedy on the last day of summer vacation, when a new mystery rolled into town.

------
authors note
------

So, that was the prologue. The first chapter will be introducing the rest of the characters and things will be a bit more interesting. I just wanted to introduce Nora and Jughead and her's friendship. Bye! <3