Smiling, I give the old crazy man a hug and reply, “He hasn’t said much about you, but it is a pleasure to meet you Mr. Wallace.”

“Call me Uncle Joe darling, you are a part of the family now and I hate when someone calls me Mr. Wallace, I either feel like my father or I committed a crime. Now tell me where is my beautiful niece and her little pups? I haven’t seen them in months.” Uncle Joe replies in a friendly tone.

“Well the boys are asleep and Alexis and Erik are having a date night, why don’t I show you to your room and you can cause mayhem in the morning.” Jace says with a toothy grin.

As he says this Grandma walks in and I see her and Joe look at one another. Taking off his hat he says, “Your beauty makes the morning sun look like the dull glimmer of the moon. May I have the honor of hearing your name?”

“My name is Gretchen Brooks, but bull-shitting your way into my bed is not gonna happen darling.” She says with a twinkle in her eyes.

With that she turns and walks up the stairs leaving us silent. Grinning like fool, Uncle Joe replies, “I like a woman who can spit fire and gives me a challenge. Now if you excuse me I have my work cut out for me.”

Once he leaves, Jace and I look at one another and start laughing. This is a going to be entertaining to watch.

                Jace’s POV

It’s around 11:30 when everyone arrives to help Gretchen move in and paint. I see that Uncle Joe is using every pick up line on her and she is throwing everyone back at him. Joe has always been a ladies man and like he says he loves a good conquest. I haven’t seen him in a long time and it’s good to see my mother’s uncle. He is really the only relative on her side that is alive and he likes to drift from one town to another. He has always been good to us especially after my mom and dad’s deaths. He helped with the pack and helped me with Alexis.

I look over at Danni and she is trying to not laugh at Uncle Joe as he attempts to win over Gretchen. I smile at seeing her, I know that the last few days I have been busy with work and I feel bad that I haven’t be paying attention to her.

I get back to working on painting the kitchen walls when I see Erik running up the back pouch stairs and rushing inside. I feel tension coming off of him. So I hop down and lead him back outside and towards the lake so that we can have some privacy.

“They found Luke’s body in Lucas’s territory and no one has been able to get a hold of him for days.” Erik tells me in a serious tone.

I feel my stomach turn as I reply, “I don’t like this at all. Did you talk to your friend who used to be in Lucas’s pack?”

“Yeah, Tom said for the last few years he has been looking for someone, but doesn’t say who it is or why he is looking for them. That was why Tom left the pack, he didn’t like how Jeremy was abusing his power as Alpha trying to hunt someone down. Do you think he is the main one after Danni?” Erik asks as he sees Danni playing with the twins.

I nod my head as I watch my beautiful mate, I know deep down that Jeremy Lucas is after her and he is the type that will fight for what he wants. Sighing in frustration, I try to think of a plan that will keep her safe when I see Billy running towards Erik and me.

“There are a lot of rogue tracks north from here and some of the guys from the pack are chasing them. We think it is guys from Lucas’s pack.” Billy says in a shaky labored breathe.

With that I head to the house and look for Danni who is now talking to Gretchen and Joe while unpacking a box in the living room. Joe instantly looks at me with a worried look and Gretchen and Danni follow his glaze to look at me.