Making an Entrance

Start from the beginning

She brushed her elegant red hair behind her ears, leaning closer to the back of his seat. Her fingertips touching his cheeks softly. "Maybe, if you want me to go on a date with you... You have to do much better than that, sweetheart."

The effects she had on him were visible. She saw the way he tensed up in the seat, his hands tightened on the steering wheel. She saw the thick veins on his neck popping. his breath quickened and he shifted in his seats. He looked awfully uncomfortable, trying to keep it all together.

She smirked, bringing her lips even closer to his ear, "Aren't someone getting excited already?"

He let out a sigh which sounded like a moan. Disgusting. She unfastened her seatbelt and gripped his hair violently. Her voice dipped in venom when she whispered into his ear, "You listen here, I'm not that easy. Women don't come with prices. We can't be bought, we aren't achievements for you to collect."

Immediately the excitement fades away from him, he was scared. He didn't dare to reply, he kept his head straight on the road. Nodding shakily and sped up the hill to the mansion. He wanted to get out of the car as fast as possible.

"I'm gonna tell you this; I'd rather go home, break up with my fiancée or delete all the naughty messages you've been sending to other girls. Young girls." She gripped a fist of his hair tighter, he whimpered in pain, tears pickled through his eyes and he halted to a stop.

Suddenly before she could do anything else, her door was opened and there stood the British government, looking unpleased. "Lady Fitzgerald, I'd rather have my driver be alive and in pieces. Please."

The lady turned and dazzled with a huge smile, "Ah! Mycroft Holmes. How lovely, you've lost weight since I last saw you."

The man eyed her suspiciously, "I believe we haven't met? This is definitely our first time."

"No, of course. Do you think I'd be here if I didn't know who you are? My brother has mentioned you, you're a lot more... Serious looking than he described." She observed his face. Doing a little reading.

He looked like he was in the middle of his forties. Lean and tall. Serious, balanced, unemotional. Probably running a lot, treadmills she assumed. Stressed, it's not easy controlling a country while trying to keep it all together.

"By the way, I'd fire that forsaken driver of yours if I were you. He's a cheating deceiver, Mr. Holmes." The lady bent down to pick up her luggage but Mycroft already had it in his hands. Which caught her off guard.

Mycroft Holmes smiled slightly, "I knew that. I was just waiting for someone to point it out. Well done, lady Fitzgerald. How did you do it?"

Lady Fitzgerald slipped off her sunglasses and watched the car driving away. "Well, I noticed a ring on his finger. A promise ring, I saw the pictures of him and his girlfriend. They were starting to get serious since the ring looked more expensive than an ordinary ring. However, it was cheaper than a wedding ring."

"Also I noticed his phone beeping, the screen was facing downwards. Which means that he's trying to hide something. Something stimulating, I'm guessing. Since he kept glancing at it like his life depended on it-" She continued but she was cut off Mycroft's chuckled.

"Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant! You remind me of someone. Your brother has mentioned your abilities, but I couldn't quite believe it until I saw it with my own eyes. You're far more intelligent than anyone else here. You're also strong and fierce. I'd love to have you work for me." Mycroft offered.

"Please, Mr. Holmes. I'd rather not, you do know that I'm trying to lie low. Why would I go and work for the most dangerous man in this country? You're practically the British Government." She replied.

They walked into his huge house on top off the hill. It was decorated with ancient paintings, dark brown wood, and heavy drapes over Victorian windows.

"Not really, I only occupy a minor position in the British Government. We could have a codename for you, you would be completely anonymous. We could protect you. We have a powerful security network." Mycroft offered, placing her light luggage down once they've arrived in the living room.

There was a man, standing and facing the window with his back toward us. "My sister is not that easy, Mycroft. She has been through a lot. I'm sad to say but I'm declining your kind offer. She should lie low and she shouldn't get herself into work-"

"Atticus! Oh, my precious brother, I've missed you so!" The red-haired woman sprinted and tackled him into a tight hug.

For a moment, she was lost in her memories. Emotions coming at her like ocean waves crashing against the rock. She missed his warmth, she missed his scent, she missed his smile, she missed him, oh, she missed him.

"I know, Lydia. I've missed you too, I've been looking for you for many years. I always had an eye out for you, I'm sorry that I wasn't there for you when we were younger-" Her older brother started, his eyes were already filled with tears and he didn't want to let his sister go. Never, she shall never leave his sight again. He promised that this time, he'd be there, always.

Lydia cut him off, "I know, but it doesn't matter. We cannot change the past, but we can change the future. What matters most is that we're together now. I'm not leaving."

Mycroft sat down in his usual chair near the window, watching the two long lost siblings reunite. Atticus was his best friend. They met when they were young, their fathers were close to each other. Atticus was two years younger than Mycroft, he was kindhearted and intelligent. They remained in contact with everything that happened. His father was now the prime minister of Germany. One of the most powerful men in the world.

However, he hasn't met his sister, Lydia up until now. The siblings were parted at a young age. She lived in the United States with her mother while Atticus remained in England. By the corner of his lips, he started to smile. His mind wandering to his own little brother.

It took a while before the two redheads settled down and pulled away from the warm embrace. Atticus sat down on the couch beside his sister, Lydia was different from what Atticus had explained.

Her hair was glowing like a burning fire in the dimly lit room. Her hair made Atticus' hair, compared to hers looked like a plain, average redhead.

Mycroft observed them. They were so alike, yet so different. The way they both talked, how engaged they were, their smiles as big as each other. How polite and sophisticated they were. Their backs were straight, hands on their lap like they've been raised like royalty.

However, Mycroft noticed a difference. Atticus' smiled reached his eyes while hers, it wasn't there.

There were happy wrinkles by the corner of his eyes, while hers, she was cold as ice. They both had forest green eyes and hers were even lighter than his but there were no signs of joy in her eyes. She have suffered and endured a lot.

"Mycroft? Are you still there? Can you hear us?" Atticus brought him back to earth. His mind has wandered off, thinking about the coldness in her eyes. Poor girl, what have she been through?

"I was talking to Lydia about your brother. Sherlock Holmes?"

___

© All Rights Reserved.