Chapter 28

"What do you mean you're not Brownpaw?!" Silverpaw asked in astonishment. All this time, her very own brother was an imposter! How could she not have noticed? It made no sense, for Silverpaw was the most beautiful, talented, and observant cat in the Clan.

Brownpaw--or more like the stranger--began to pace back and forth. "When that pathetic kit was born, I was swapped out and used my majestic superpowers of shapeshifting to fool you all! I am really..." he turned around and screwed his eyes shut only to face his "sister" again as a new cat, "METALCLAW!"

Silverpaw tilted her head in confusion. "Who?"

"YOU DON'T KNOW WHO I AM?" Metalclaw screeched. "I WILL NOT BE DISRESPECTED!"

"Hey, I think I remember you," Superstar mentioned while strolling by. "Weren't you that EvilClan deputy before we wiped out your whole Clan?"

"The deputy, yes," Metalclaw replied. "At least I think so. Featherfrost doesn't really remember what role I played but is 82% sure I was the deputy."

The Fourth Wall let out a silent tear.

Silverpaw's fur stood up as she slowly backed away. "M-metalclaw... what do you want?"

"I WILL GET REVENGE," he yowled. "EVILCLAN WILL RECEIVE JUSTICE!"

"Oh, c'mon. We can talk about this--"

"NO!" Metalclaw dropped into a crouch. 

Superstar finished his stroll around camp and looked toward the hoard of cats surrounding the argument. It piqued his interest, so he decided to investigate. "What's going on?" 

Metalclaw turned to him and hissed.

Superstar nodded slowly. "Oh, hey, Metalclaw. Wasn't I just talking to you?"

"YOU WILL ALL DIE!"

Superstar scoffed. "Puh-lease. You can't possibly expect to win a one-on-gazillion fight, can you?"

Metalclaw's lip slowly moved up into an ugly smile. "Then it's a good thing I brought back up."

And the climax approaches... 

~ Feather