Chapter 23

The many adventures of Troutstream and Plumpaw...

Troutstream was a simpleton, never once stepping foot in the realm of SuperClan with an invitation or purpose in being there. He would roam the borders, alone and afraid, with his eyes kept on one cat in its ranks. He admired them, loved them, found pure perfection in their gracefulness as they wandered across the river unharmed. That cat, was Plumpaw.

Plumpaw was of a high nature, her father the Clan deputy and her status prestigious. She was warned to keep away from the border that day, to stay well within the Clans so they could keep an eye on her before they left. But she couldn't keep away, for the view grew more beautiful with every passing moment. The plank of wood drifted closer, the very plank of wood said to be unsinkable, that would perform her maiden voyage tomorrow. She was thrilled by it, but something else caught her eye.

Troustream stood lowly atop a rock, watching the ripples of the river pass him by. He knew he wouldn't get a chance to sail on that plank of wood, that he was too poor to even consider it. He gazed upwards existentially, looking into the sky, when he saw her. There before him stood Plumpaw in all her glory. They locked eyes for a moment, and all was pristine.

"Hi," she said.

"Sup fam," he replied, tipping his fedora.

"How's life?" she asked, trailing her paw across the water.

"I love you," he spoke quickly.

She nodded. "K."

"Can I come on that plank of wood tomorrow?" he asked, looking towards it.

She shrugged. "K."

They left after such a wonderful exchange of words, the moon rising and signifying the end of the day. They went their separate ways, set to meet next sunhigh, with each other in their minds as they slept.

Morning came, and Plumpaw rose early to escape the protection of her father. She rushed down to the river, excited, and there was Troutstream waiting for her. He transformed into a fish and swam towards her, taking her by the paw and leading her to the plank. They stepped upon it, hiding at the back to avoid detection. They watched as SuperClan boarded, thrilled to be a part of this voyage. 

"He can fly," said Plumpaw, looking towards Silversoar.

"Cool," replied Troutstream.

"I want to fly," she commented, and wandered towards the front of the boat.

Troustream lifted her up, and she smiled. "It appears I am flying, how convenient."

"Ikr," he replied, awesomed.

The plank of wood began to shudder, and in an instant it had crashed and was sinking. SuperClan screamed as the plank collapsed, many falling into the water and drowning horribly. Plumpaw jumped onto a single plank and stood there, waiting for Troutstream.

"Do you want to get on?" she asked.

He shrugged. "Sure, there's obviously enough room."

Both cats survived and went home the end-

"Cut!" screeched Oaktail.

"What?!" both cats moaned in unison, floating on the plank of wood.

"That's not how it ended! Troutstream's supposed to die!" he protested, reading the script.

"But there's clearly enough room!" Plumpaw commented.

Oaktail shrugged. "Yeah, you're right, let's go home."

The End

~The Titanic ~ by Troustream and Plumpaw, written by Hazel~