Chap 2-Beach house

Start from the beginning

“Why do you live alone? Samar asked me.

"Mom and dad live in Delhi while my brother is in UCLA"

"So what do your parents do?"

"Cabinet minister- Varun Mathur and mom is looking after the business."

“Are you kidding me, I keep meeting your dad. I never knew you were his daughter. I heard she is pretty but I didn’t know that the pretty girl it was you. You get your looks from your mom don’t you?"

“Umm yes and thanks for calling me pretty.”I was blushing too much to my liking; I immediately turned to face the window.

“Why do you live alone am pretty sure your parents live in Mumbai.”

“I like being by myself. Akshit can’t live there without me. He keeps shuffling depending on his mood and besides there are always people there, after dealing with so many people all day I can’t really bear more.”

The house was beautiful beyond words. My jaw dropped open when I saw it. It was huge, larger than my or his house in the city. It was almost my Delhi house’s size. The living room was very pretty. There were L-shaped couch to one side and a love seat to the other. A 110 inch TV which covered up most of the wall of one side. On one side of the room there were all photos not like one or two there were hundreds of them. Photos of Akshit, Sam, his parents, cousins, relatives, friends, people from the film Industry. Not even an inch of the wall was empty. That wall was my dream, I had begged my mom to let me have a wall like that but she had bluntly said no breaking my heart. There were show pieces, paintings and flower vases everywhere. The ceiling had a beautiful intricate design with the show lights almost studded like they were stars in the sky. The carpet on the Italian marble was just as soft as a puppy’s fur or even softer than that. How did I forget that his dad is into construction business and mom into interior designing! Stupid me.

The kitchen was equally impressive. One could find all the best kitchen appliances to use. I was so tempted to use all those buttons and the appliances. After long I felt like cooking something. Not because I loved cooking or something but because I loved the kitchen. I wondered if there were any supplies. There was a utility and wash area attached to the kitchen.

Coming to the dining hall it had really amazing cabinets filled with delicate and expensive cutlery. All of the glassware shined under the show lights. The dining table could seat 10 people and again on one side there were nice framed photos of just Akshit and Sam, and no one else. I couldn’t take off my eyes from the photos and I was so absorbed in the photos that I didn’t even look at the big sliding glass door. And when I saw the door I ran to it to open it but someone from behind pulled me back by my waist. The abs was rock hard and the smell of the cologne was too amazing. This sure had to be Sam; no one else would or could dare lift me. I didn’t tell you what it is, did I? It was the BEACH!! I love beaches more than anything in the world, but don’t go on literal words.

I fake glared at Sam. ”What?”

“We want food.”

“So?”

“You have to cook for us.”

“Hell no. I am off to the beach. You people can starve.”

“Please” all the three requested together.

In the next 2 minutes I was in the kitchen trying to figure out what to make from the ingredients that were there. Pasta, seasonings, spices, frozen peas and corn, tuna, lasagne and that’s it nothing else. I had to settle on tuna pasta without cheese. I put the pasta to boil and went to the room I had got for the weekend.

The room was amazing. A king sized bed with a purple bed spread, side tables which had pretty lamps. On one side was a huge dresser with a huge mirror. Of all what caught my attention was the book shelf, there were hundreds of books all alphabetically arranged. I am a big fan of books, and then there was a balcony attached and guess what a sea facing balcony. I totally was awestruck about the room. There was a single swing in the balcony. Then I just remembered how I had left the pasta to boil. I ran to the kitchen wishing that the pasta hadn’t burnt, in the way tripping over the carpet. When I went to the kitchen Sam had already switched off the burner and had already served himself a bowl. He was sitting by the kitchen island happily typing away something on his phone and relishing my pasta.

He looked up and said “I am sorry babes I was hungry.” babes seriously! “Man I love the pasta. I normally hate pastas without cheese. You are officially recruited to make pasta for me for the whole life.” he added.

 I love you people :D

Vote and please do comment. :D