You are not my emperor

When she discovered what had happened to her maiden clan, the knowledge of it had caused her to experience early labour. Overwhelmed in her sadness, the pain of labour meant absolutely nothing for her. She has been fighting for her life to give birth to her child. For hours she screamed in silence, with tears profusely coming out from her pair of 'phoenix' eyes. She has been carrying this child for nearly 8 months, she has been taking care of herself for the sake of her unborn child. The child that carries her wish, hope and love. She might not have the love of her husband but, at least, she will have a child that she will raise with love. How naive of her to even be thinking in such a way?

<5 hours earlier>

When she received the news that her father, General Xue1 Hu2, has been accused of high treason, she laughed hysterically due to the absurdity of it. She immediately went to meet her husband, Emperor Leng3 Re4 Long5, only to be snubbed by him. When she saw how the Prime Minister You Xiongxin6 smiled proudly as he stands next to her husband, she immediately felt that her legs suddenly weakened which caused her to kneel on the cold floor with the sudden realization of what had really happened.

She looked accusingly at the Emperor, "You have planned this. You and that despicable Prime Minister of yours! How could you?!?!?! My family has been nothing but loyal to the Kingdom for 3 generations. Why?!?!?!"

The Emperor sneered and answered, "All these years, the Xue family has always been a thorn in my flesh. When it has been decided that you are to be my Empress, I have decided then that the Xue family must go. You should be thankful that you have been exempted from capital punishment yourself."

"You should have just sentenced me to death. What is the use of me to continue living when the rest of my family aren't? If you hated my family from the very beginning, you should have just refused to marry me in the first place. You should also demote my father from his post if you are indeed felt threatened by my family. You are the Emperor after all." She said with tears in her eyes.

The Emperor calmly went to the place where she is kneeling, he bent down before her then used one of his hand to forcefully held onto her chin, they look into each others' eyes with unspoken hatred between them, "If I could, I would... But your family are loved by the people of this Kingdom. It has been discovered that your beloved father planned to usurp the throne if your child is a dragon child."

With her chin forcefully held by him, "That is a lie. My father would have never done that. When I am to be married to you, he told me to be a good Empress and to serve you loyally. Not even once... Not even once, he had ever used his position as a General nor I as the Empress for his own benefit. You dare to say that he planned to usurp the throne. Your fear and hatred had blinded you, Re Long."

He let go of her chin forcefully and that force itself made her upper body to hit on the floor, hard. He was shocked when he saw that, he didn't mean to be that aggressive towards her, but he just watched her. Suddenly, a eunuch frantically ran into the hall and said, "Your Majesty, Consort Wan7 is in labour. The imperial doctor is already on his way."

The Emperor immediately leave the main hall to go to his beloved concubine. Prime Minister You Xiongxin left the main hall too with a smirk on his face.

Empress Xue Lianhua8 is left there, still kneeling on the cold floor but she no longer shed a tear. She just stared at the throne. The eunuch saw her and immediately went beside her to assist her, "Your Majesty, please stand up."

She stands up with his assistance, the eunuch saw that there is blood on the floor, "Your Majesty!"

"Silence. Send me to my palace now. Call for Imperial Doctor Caoben9. I need to discuss something with your mistress as well."