Part 11

Melody_POV

My eyes sprung open and I quickly sat upright in bed. My heart was racing beyond my control. Tears began to fill my eyes because I knew that I would never see Sungjong in my dreams again, but I had no regrets.

Once I had composed myself, I took a shower and got dressed. I gathered everything I needed and grabbed the VIP badge. Then I took one last look in the mirror, took a deep breath and said "No more living in the past. It's time to move on with your life. Go out there and have some fun!"

I smiled as I walked out the door and towards the first new adventure I've had in a very long time. I kept wondering what KCON was going to be like and what it was all about. I probably should have looked it up so that I didn't seem like such an outsider, but I just didn't have the time.

"Can you believe that Infinite is coming to KCON?" I heard some girls chatting away on the bus.

"I know! I can't wait to see our little Jongie!"

"You know he has a girlfriend, right?"

"I heard! I can't believe that he is the first member to announce that he is in a relationship! And he's planning to marry her too!"

"I almost died when I heard that!"

"I hope that they are happy together. That's really all that matters."

"True" the other sighed. "Even if he's dating, he still cares about the fans. I'll still love him even if he does get married."

"Me too!"

It sounds as though they really like this 'Jongie'. I wonder what he is like for them to care that much about his love life? It sounds as though he is some kind of celebrity though. He must have had a hard time dating if he's famous. Still, I can't help but feel happy for him. I hope they have a wonderful life together.

Once the bus arrived at the convention center, I got off and followed the girls who were talking about 'Jongie'. As we got closer, I could see a large group of people just lined up and waiting outside. I guess KCON must be really popular.

I looked down at my badge and wondered where I should go. As I was looking around and watching everyone, I suddenly heard a familiar voice call my name. I looked up and smiled "Charles! What are you doing here?"

He rushed over to me and gave me a hug. "I was going to ask you the same thing" he chuckled. "I work for KCON!"

"Oh" my eyes widened a bit.

"What are you doing here?"

"Right!" I chuckled. I held out my VIP badge and said "I got this badge in the mail. I thought it might be interesting, so I came to check it out." He looked at the badge in my hand and his face clouded over. "Is something wrong?"

He looked back up and said "You should put that around your neck."

"Okay" I did as he said.

Then he took my hand and said "Come with me."

He started dragging me towards the building. "Charles! What's going on? Don't I have to wait in line?"

I looked around at the people who had been waiting as he dragged me pass them. Suddenly, I saw Brittany and her friends and our eyes met. She was just as shocked as I was, but then I saw her smile a little. She must be planning something to embarrass me.

Charles dragged me past the security check point and down the hall. "Where are we going?" I shouted.

He finally stopped when we got to a room full of people and booths. The booths had odd titles like Diamond, Platinum and P1-P5.

"Charles!" one of the workers came over with a smile. "What's going on? Is there trouble outside?"

"No ma'am" he replied.

"Who is this?" she asked.

"This is Melody Song" he stated. "She has a VIP badge."

"Oh" she perked up. "Let me grab the list." She ran over to a table, grabbed a clipboard and then came back. "Melody Song" she said as she flipped through papers. Then she looked at me and asked "Who gave you your pass?"

"It came in the mail" I replied.

"Okay" she smiled. "Do you know who sent it?"

"Not really" I hung my head.

"Don't worry" she chuckled. "Do you know any of the vendors?" I shook my head. "Family or friends working the convention?"

I looked at Charles and he said "She is my friend, but I didn't send her this pass."

"Hmm" the woman pondered as she continued to flip through pages.

Remembering that I had seen Brittany outside, I closed my eyes, hung my head and sighed. "I'm sorry" I said in a defeated tone.

"Why are you apologizing?" Charles asked.

"I think that someone is playing an elaborate prank on me. I'm sorry that you all were dragged into this." Tears started to form in the corners of my eye and were threatening to fall, but I kept my composure. "I'm sorry for inconveniencing you. I'll just go home."

I turned around and started walking away. I had just got to the door of the room when the woman happily shouted "Found it!" I turned around and saw both her and Charles running towards me. "I'm sorry it took so long" she said as she tried to catch her breath. "There are a ton of names on the list."

"I'm on the list?" I was surprised.

"Yes, you are!" she smiled. "I really am sorry it took so long. You were on the very last page" she chuckled. "Now, let's get you settled in" she grabbed my hand and brought me over to the booths. She turned towards the attendant and said "I need the special VIP package."

Everyone turned in surpise. "Yes ma'am" an attendant replied and walked out back to retrieve the package.

"You will also get a personal attendant that can show you around, plan a schedule for the convention so that you can take advantage of your special access and answer any questions you may have. " She looked at Charles and said "Since you are friends, would you like to be her attendant?"

"Me?" he was surprised.

"Yes" she nodded. "I'm sure she would feel more comfortable being with someone she knows."

He looked at me and asked "Do you want me to be your attendant?"

"If it's not too much trouble," I nodded "I really would prefer to have you as my attendant."

"Okay" she smiled. He turned towards the woman and said "I'll be her attendant."

"Great!" she smiled. Just then, the booth attendant returned with a bag. "Perfect!" She grabbed the bag and pulled out a couple of badges. "These are your passes for all the different events taking place. If you want to take part in any event going on, just let Charles know and he will make sure to put it on your schedule." Next she grabbed a program out of the bag and handed it to me. "Here is your program. It lists everything KCON has to offer this year. Again, just let Charles know if there is something that catches your eye." Finally, she pulled out and IPad and handed it to Charles. "You can use this to keep track of her schedule. Also, there are a few prescheduled events that the coordinators have placed on it in the hopes that she can attend."

"Right!" Charles replied.

She looked at me once more and smiled "I hope you enjoy your KCON experience!"