Part 9

Sungjong_POV

"Why is it so hard to wake you up?" Sunggyu complained as we made our way to the company.

"Sorry Hyung" I hung my head a bit. "I don't mean to be difficult."

"I know" Sunggyu sighed. "We are just worried about you. We don't want you getting sick."

"Don't worry, Hyung. I'm not getting sick."

We arrived at the company and the president greeted us in the lobby. "How are you guys doing?"

"We are doing good" Sunggyu spoke up.

"That's good to hear" he smiled at us.

"Um" I shyly spoke up. "If it's not too much trouble, could I speak with you?"

Everyone looked at me in surprise.

"Is something wrong?" the president asked.

"Nothing is wrong" I smiled. "There's just something I want to discuss with you."

"Okay" he nodded. "Come with me to my office and we can talk." Then he turned to the rest of the group and said "The rest of you go and practice, Sungjong will join you after."

The president turned to walk away and I followed after him while the rest of the members bowed and said "Yes, president."

We arrived at his office and he motioned for me to take a seat. "Would you like something to drink?"

"No, thank you" I nervously replied as I sat down.

He took a seat as well and asked "What did you want to talk to me about? Are you having a problem with the other members?"

"No, it's nothing like that" I quickly replied. Then I took a deep breath to calm myself down and said "I've actually been seeing someone."

"You have?" the president was surprised. Then he thought for a moment "Did someone recognize you?"

I shook my head "No."

"How long have you been dating this person?"

"We've been seeing each other for a few years now" I replied.

"Seriously?" he was obviously aghast by my sudden confession. "Why haven't you said anything until now?"

"It's a bit complicated" I hung my head and sighed.

"What is it you hope to accomplish by telling me this?"

I looked the president in the eyes and said "I'm in love with her and plan to marry her." I could see the president's eyes soften a bit. "I was hoping that the company would stand behind me and support my decision."

The president took a few minutes to think before saying "I'll have the PR department prepare an announcement."

I quickly stood up and bowed "Thank you."

The president smiled and said "I'm really proud of the way you are handling this, Sungjong."

"Thank you, Mr President." I took a breath before adding "I'd like to ask one more favor, Mr. President."

He looked up at me and smiled "What is it?"

"I'd like to invite my girlfriend to KCON in New York."

The president looked confused by my request. "Why would you invite her to go with you to a concert abroad?"

I rubbed the back of my head "Actually, she lives in New York."

His eyes widened in shock for a moment before he smiled and chuckled a bit. "I don't think that will be a problem. Just leave her contact information and I'll make the arrangements."

"Umm..." I nervously spoke up.

"What's the matter?"

"She doesn't know that I'm an Idol."

"She doesn't? She's not a fan?"

"No" I smiled a little. "She doesn't listen to Kpop."

"If she doesn't know you're an Idol or listen to Kpop, then..."

"I did say it was a bit complicated" I chuckled.

The president and I discussed how we would go about inviting Melody to KCON and went over the details before I joined the other members in the practice room.

"Hey Sungjong!" Sungyeol called out to me as I walked in the room. "What was that all about?"

"Yeah!" Woohyun chimed in. "What did you have to talk to the president about?"

I smiled a bit awkwardly.

"Let's take a break" Sunggyu spoke up. Then he placed a hand on my shoulder and said "Give him a minute to settle in before you guys start questioning him."

I smiled and chuckled a bit "Thanks Hyung."

We all took a seat and Hoya handed me a bottle of water. "You okay?" he asked.

"Yeah" I smiled as I took the bottle of water from him. Then I looked around at the other members and said "I'm sorry for making you guys worry about me."

"You don't have to say anything if you don't want to" Sunggyu said. "We are not going to force you."

"Thanks, Hyung" I smiled. I took a deep calming breath and continued "This is something I want to tell you guys." All of them raised their eyebrows in anticipation of what I would say next. "I've been seeing someone for the past few years and I'm serious about our relationship. I plan on proposing to her soon."

"What?" Sungyeol screamed. "You never leave the dorm! How the hell did you date her?"

I chuckled a bit "That's not the only thing you'll be surprised about."

"What do you mean?" Hoya asked.

"She lives in New York."

"What?" they all screamed together.

"Are you saying, the reason we've been having such a hard time waking you up is because you've been staying up all night talking to her?" Sunggyu asked.

"It's a bit more complicated than that, but...... basically...... yeah."

Sunggyu breathed a sigh of relief. "I was so worried that you were sick and were trying to hide it from us."

"I'm sorry I made you worry, Hyung. I didn't mean to do that" I hung my head a bit.

"Why didn't you tell us about her?" Myungsoo asked.

"Were you afraid that we might try and steal her away from you?" Woohyun joked.

I didn't know how to tell them that I've only ever seen her in my dreams and that we've never actually met or talked to each other in person. I thought they would think I've gone crazy if I did.