VIII

Kendal

I showed up right on time today. As soon as I walked in, Ethan asked for his coffee.

I sat my purse and things down on my desk and made my way down to the 50th floor. He could really use a coffee machine on his own floor. It's such a pain in the ass to go three floors down just to get a cup of coffee. I'm guessing that's why he makes me do it instead of doing it himself.

The break room is empty like usual. I don't mind. Most of the people that work here are assholes anyway and I do everything I can to avoid them.

I grab Ethan's coffee and make my way back to his office. I know today's gonna be boring. I can feel it.

I make sure to knock on his door this time. "Come in." He pipes up. I smile to myself slightly as I swing his door open slowly.

"I have your coffee." I say with a smile. "Thanks." He mutters as he takes it from me and places it out of his way on his desk.

I turn on my heels to get back to work until he speaks up. "What do you think about having dinner at my place tonight?" He ask. "I did promise you a proper dinner." He adds.

"Sure." I smirk.

Ethan

Her smirk drives me mad. I can't take not having her anymore. I want to explore absolutely every part of her.

"Charles will be by to pick you up at 8." I say just before she leaves my office.

I run my hands through my messy hair as I think about just how absolutely mad I've become. I've never invited a girl over for dinner. Especially not my assistants.

________________
Later that night

Kendal

"You're going to his house?!" Racheal ask with wide eyes. "Yes. For dinner."I say again but more slowly.

I explained everything to her and she's having trouble comprehending it all. She couldn't believe it when I told her I went to his house that one night after the dinner party. She absolutely lost it when I told her we had a heated make out session on his counter.

"We need to find you something to wear." She says frantically. "There She is." I chuckle as she just now realizes what I needed her help for.

"Well what are we waiting on?" She ask loudly as she makes her way to my room. "I doubt I have anything. I don't even know how I should dress." I admit as I follow behind her.

"I'm guessing somewhat casual but still hot." She grins as she walks up to my closet and swigs the doors open. I plop down on my bed as she shuffles through my wardrobe.

"I'm telling you, I don't have anything." I sigh as I roll my eyes and completely lay out on my bed. "Come on. I'm bound to find something." She sighs. I just chuckle as she continues to search.

What if what she picks out isn't good enough? Or maybe it'll be too much. I don't know why I'm so worried about all of this. It's just dinner.

"Found something." She grins as she pulls the articles of clothing out of my closet. I take in the outfit and grab it to put it on to actually get a good look at it.

"What a minute!" She says quickly. "What is it now?" I whine. "You have to make sure you were a cute bra with matching underwear." She says raising her eyebrows. My face scrunches up. "What?!"

"It's obvious there's sexual tension between you two. What if tonight's the night you guys resolve it." She shrugs. "You wouldn't want to have mediocre undergarments on." She adds.

"Ugh you have a point." I groan as I make my way to my dresser. I shuffle down to the deep part to find my cutest set. It's a red lace thong with a red push up bra that does my boobs justice.

"It's just in case." I say quickly before I grab the outfit and the undergarments and head to the bathroom to change. "Whatever you say." Racheal shouts at me through the bathroom door.

"It's just in case." I mutter to myself as I slip my shirt up over my head.

I think I might have picked the best set possible as I take myself in.

I sigh as I begin to put on Racheal's outfit choice. I hope this is it. I don't want to spend all night searching through my shitty wardrobe for an outfit.

I look at myself in the mirror and I smile as I realize Racheal actually knew what she was doing. This looks perfect.

I step out of the bathroom with a smile

I step out of the bathroom with a smile. "This is good right?" I ask her to make sure. "Oh yeah. It's casual yet classy." She grins. "He'll love it." She adds.

"Let's hope." I chuckle. God, I hope I'm dressed properly.

"We have to curl your hair." Racheal says clapping her hands together. "Really?" I ask rolling my eyes. "Yes. Now come on." She says leading me to my own bathroom.

She plugs in my curling iron as I brush through my hair. She glances at me through the mirror. "What?" I chuckle. "Do you really like him?" She blurts.

The question takes me off guard. What'd she even mean? "I don't really know yet. I do know that his presence does something to me. It drives me crazy. My heart pumps really fast and I stutter a lot." I say now laughing at myself.

"I think you like him." She smirks. "Or it's because he's really hot and intimidating." I chuckle. "Eh I don't think so." She laughs.

"Even if I did like him, I doubt he feels the same." I shrug as I sit my brush down. "I think he does. Why else would he invite you to his house?" This makes me think. Has he invited other girls to his house? The thought of him being with other girls kind of upsets me.

"More than once I might add." She grins at me through my mirror. "Shut up." I say rolling my eyes as my cheeks heat up.

"You better tell me everything." She warns. "Of course." I say as she picks up the curling iron.

Word count 1067

AN:

This was kind of all over the place so I'm sorry if it got confusing.