II

Kendal

"So let me get this straight. You just walked in and he gave you the job." Racheal ask confused. "Basically." I shrug as I swing my fridge open to grab a soda.

"That's weird." She says with her face scrunched up. "Trust me. I know." I chuckle as I plop down on my couch next to her.

____________________
The next day

I arrive at the small empire at 8:53am. I have 7 minutes to get up to the 53rd floor.

My heels click against the concrete as I quickly walk up to the building. I swing the glossy doors open and don't even bother talking to the lady at the circular desk. I'm going to ignore her as much as possible for the time I am working here. But that doesn't stop her from flashing me a strange look.

I click the button and wait impatiently for the elevator. At least I'm not as scared as I was yesterday. The doors glide open and I let out a low sigh.

I step in, gripping my purse extra hard. God, I hope I don't fuck up my first day.

The doors finally open up on the 53rd floor and I'm relieved I'm on time. I'm greeted by the same lady that was sat at one of the desks yesterday.

"Your desk is right over here sweetie." She says pointing to the desk right across from hers. "Thank you." I murmur as I make my way over to it and drop my purse down on it with a thud.

"I'm Florence by the way." She smiles. "Grayson's assistant." She adds. I nod now putting two and two together. Unlike me she's a little older. She's definitely at least 35.

"I've been here since they opened so if you ever need anything I can help." She smiles. I'm liking her so far. I can definitely tolerate this job now.

"Do you mind uh telling me what I'm supposed to do." I say referring to the fact that I'm not sure what to do right now. She chuckles a bit at my slight embarrassment.

"You wait for now. Here in about two minutes he'll page you on the phone and ask for coffee. He likes it black." She rambles. I just nod as I take all the information in. "There's a coffee maker three floors down." She adds.

As if on cue there's a small beeping noise coming from the phone to the right of me. I click the first button I see and it allows his deep voice to carry through the room. "I need a coffee. Black." Is all he says. "Yes Mr. Dolan." I mutter before I release the button.

I'm quick to stand up from my chair and pull my skirt down so it sits right above my knees. I scamper back to the elevator and it swings open quickly.

I can't help but tap my foot as I wait to reach the 50th floor. Being nervous is an understatement. I probably shouldn't be. It's just coffee.

I don't even have to look for the coffee machine when I reach the floor. The break room is right in front of me.

The coffee machine is easy to work but I find it hard to believe that he drinks the coffee black. I scrunch my nose up as it spurts out of the machine.

I grab the warm cup and quickly retreat back to the elevator. I hope I didn't take too long.

Florence is still typing away on her computer when I come back. I take a deep breath as I make my way towards Mr. Dolans office.

I don't even bother knocking because he's expecting me. He's sitting at his desk with papers scattered everywhere.

"Your coffee Mr. Dolan." I mutter as I walk in and place it on his desk. "What took you so long?" He ask with his face still buried in his papers.

I'm beyond confused because it only took me five minutes. "I-I'm Sorry Mr. Dolan." I mutter, completely unsure of myself.

He drops his pen on to his desk and leans against the back of his leather seat. "What did I tell you about stuttering sweetheart?" He ask cocking his head to the side. The question makes my heart race. "I'm sorry." I mutter.

He sighs as he grabs a stack of papers off of his desk. "I need you to email these people back. These are all prints of the emails they have sent to the company." He mutters handing me the thick stack.

I stare at the stack of papers in my hands. "What should I say sir?" I ask with my eyes still not meeting his. "We're not interested." He says flatly.

I just nod and turn on my heels to go get to work. I'm stopped by his deep voice. "I really like that skirt Ms. Monroe." He says which causes me to shiver slightly and my cheeks to turn pink. "Thank you." I say shyly.

As I walk out with the stack of papers Florence smiles at me. Probably thinks it's funny he's already putting me to work.

I sit the papers on my desk as Florence glances at me. "Better get used to it." She chuckles. I can't help but laugh because I know she's probably right.

As I start sifting through the papers a thought rushes through my head. "How were you so sure I got the job?" I ask flatly.

"You're beautiful." She says flatly. "What does that have to do with the job?" I ask scrunching up my eyebrows. "You're exactly Mr. Dolan's type." She smiles.

This shocks me. Do all of his assistants look like me? "You're by far the prettiest he's hired." She adds. This shocks me also. You'd think thousands of pretty girls would interview for this job because of how hot the twins are. They're known for being insanely handsome and some of the youngest business men to make such a name for themselves.

"Umm thank you." I mutter pushing my hair behind my ear. I'm not sure if it's a compliment or not but I'll treat it like it is.

Word count 1034