Unable to Refuse

"Kneel, Khaleesi-Rose Arcane and receive the Emperor decree." I did as I was told, and noticed
Grandfather's hands tighten on the armrest of his chair. I knew why he was mad, I wasn't stupid, I knew why they were here.

"As ordered by His Majesty, Khaleesi-Rose Arcane will be married to General Ryker Knox-Xavier Vladimir, Son of Emperor Henric Vladimir, and Sixth Prince of the neighboring Empire Cirikith, when you turn the age of fifteen." I wanted to kill the guy, but that would accomplish nothing, so I held back my anger, and responded how I was suppose to.

"This subject accept the Imperial decree." I said it in a soft voice, and it was barely heard. The man just nodded, and I took the scroll in his hand, and resisted the urge to crush it with in my finger. The Emissaries left, and I was left there with the whole family looking at me.

"I will return to my courtyard now." I said and handed the scroll to Grandfather, and bowed before trying to leave.

"Grandaughter a word." I looked at Grandfather, and nodded, and he took my arm and led me out wanting to talk in private. When we were out of ear shot he began to speak.

"How much do you know about the situation involving the Prince General Ryker."

"I know that their nation is extremely powerful, and that there were multiple times when you caused them some defeats, but this generation is lacking compared to their, unlike your generation Grandfather. I also am aware that Prince General Ryker is very powerful and fear not only by all in this Empire and surrounding ones, but also his own."

"Yes, but there is also the issue with the Crown Prince, of both Empires. The Crown Prince of this Empire is currently engaged to you Third Older Sister. Then there is their Crown Prince, he is not as favored by his father the Emperor, but their previous Emperor favors the Prince General greatly. This makes for relationships between the two tense, but also tense between father and son."

My sister, Amara, she was known as the most beautiful person in the Empire, also very talented in all lady like things, and martial arts. Engaging her to the Crown Prince will boost his reputation, and power with this families backing. The only reason why the Emperor didn't fear my new fiance's family backing me, was because it was known that I was outcasted. I had no allies in the family and they just wanted to get rid of me, and no one knew that me and grandfather were on good terms. So the Emperor didn't have to worry about my family getting help from another nation's Emperor.

"I know of Older Sister's engagement, and her reputation, I also know that she will step on anyone to get what she wants, but I also know that General Tyson (Father) favors her most, and would give her anything because she is the hope of the family. I don't know Grandfather, is why the Prince General favor so much by their previous Emperor?"

While my sister was the main reasons why I was know as trash, she spread rumors about me, which I didn't care about her in the least, or the family to stop the bulling. So, I didn't involve myself with any of their issues. But what I wanted to know what issues I was going to get myself involved in with this fiance that was pushed into me.

"Khaleesi, that man is my son and your Father, no matter how blind he may be, call him as such." I nodded and he sighed, and then he continued.

"It has to do with the Price General's mother, she was the daughter of the Pevious Emperor's best friend, and loved by the whole Kingdom. The previous Emperor has given much to the Prince General, but at the same time he has earned all that he had gotten."  I nodded at his words understanding that the Emperor could not make him as feared and respected as he is, even if gave an Imperial Decree and ordered it so, but I also remembered something.

"Hasn't Prince General Ryker refused all other marriages why now?" I asked.

"Most likely he was force this time, but do not worry this might be a good thing, he might not want any wife let alone multiple, so you may not have to worry about other wives." I laughed at his words.

"That is a strange thing for a man to say, usually it is the wives that say that." I said and he smile a little. He only had one wife, who passed before I was born, not like my father, who had three, not including my deceased mother.

"I do not know where I went wrong with your father." I laughed a little at his words, and it was like tiny chimes, and he smiled.

"You should laugh more often, it is a very beautiful sound." I smiled a little.

"There was a time when I didn't laugh, just the few times makes me think that this life is a gift too good to be true."

"I have never known someone so young cherish the small things in life so much, you truly are an old soul." He would say that often, I was an old soul, but he was wrong I was just an old battered soul that was trying to glue the pieces back together, like a mirror shattered into a million pieces.

"Grandfather there is not need to worry, I will continue to always cherish the small things in life, if there is nothing else I will return to my courtyard." I said and he smiled and let me return.