Chapter 5 - Here a Meta-Human, There a Meta-Human.

Start from the beginning

I kept my mouth shut till we arrived at the Bank.

"Oh," He said seeing the situation outside the car. "You mind if I drop you off somewhere else?"

"I do," I said, shoving the money at him and ran out the car. I crossed the road which was filled with traffic and I rushed up to the police tape. I pushed through bystanders and tried to get a good look at the suspect. People buzzed around me all trying to do the same, police cars cut off access to the bank and the officers stood blocking us civilians.

"Nothing to see folks!" One called "The suspect is no longer at this location"

"Did you catch her!" I guy called from the crowd. I looked up to the policeman.

He visibly gulped. They didn't catch her.

The cop talked into his walkie-talky probably asking what to say. After receiving an answer he gulped again and nervously looked at the crowd.

"Um, Shortly"He mumbled, Ohhhhh was that the wrong answer because it started an uproar in the crowd.

So she wasn't at this location anymore... What was I doing!?!?! This might not even be Iris! It could be a completely random person!

But my gut told me I had to search for this person. Maybe destiny? But where would this mysterious person be?

With impeccable timing, I caught something out of the corner of my eye... WTF!?!?!? A BLUE PORTAL! It appeared for just a second then vanished, I looked closer and started to run to the location when I saw what looked like another meta-human. As I got closer I hid behind a car and peeked over.

He had long black hair and wore a black, red and yellow suit? Damn central city is just filled with these meta-humans. He put his hand up to his ear to what looked like a communicating device and asked someone where she went. By she, I assumed he was talking about the rouge teleporter (It better not be Iris), so that meant he was probably a superhero.

He waved his hands and the blue portal appeared and he leapt into it. I ran out from my hiding spot and attempted to touch the strange portal but it closed to fast. I fell to the ground and moaned from the pain.

I stood up frantically and looked around, blocks away I watched as the portal reappeared and the guy jumped out again. Wait... Is he a teleporter? It didn't look like he was running but what if it was him. IT WAS A FEMALE, my conscious reminded me and I sighed. My mind was too small to handle all this.

Something told me I had to follow this guy, I sprinted down to where the man appeared and a single cop car raced by, what made me laugh was what the 'superhero' was doing, he was hunched over catching his breath, I guess even superheroes need to take a breather. I was still pretty far away when a blast of air rushed by me knocking me over.

"Do Meta-Humans have any manners!" I yelled and got up. Standing next to the one with black hair was another male in a yellow and red suit. I kept running towards them to see what was happening. I was almost at them, just I few steps away when I stopped running and realized, what in the world was I doing?! I couldn't just run up to them, I started to veer to the right when I caught the new guy saying "-I see no duck."

Right behind them, the rouge teleporter appeared and punched them both knocking them down.

"Peek-a-boo" She smiled and I caught I look at her features, OH THANK GOD IT WASN'T IRIS!

I was feeling so relieved I forgot that there was a fight going on. "Thank god" I sighed. Then I realized.

I hadn't made it to the side of the road yet.

Their heads whipped in my direction.

Well... Shit.

Her arm wrapped around my neck, I clawed at her arm but she wasn't moving a bit. She held me up and my legs dangled.

"Help!" I let out a muffled cry.

"Iris she has a hostage." One of them yelled into their earpiece.

"Your only warning boys," She started tightening her grip on me, "Stay back."

-------------------------------