Watcher

Train in its rails
Can't take it anymore

"I'm a watcher. All my life I've been watching people live and die. And suddenly I'm afraid I will die without living."

"I watch people fall in love, break their hearts, try again and eventually succeed. People get married, have children, live happily till they die. I've always dreamed of doing the same but never had the courage to."

People fight for their lives, for what they want, for who they want. Turns out I don't have a someone I would fight for and I don't know what want.

My life is in standby. I feel like I'm not really living it. It seems I'm in the corner of the ballroom instead of the dancefloor. It's like I'm just by standing, watching people as they waltz, flirt and laugh.

People say there is always rain before the rainbow. I'm always indoors at first sign of tempest. Maybe I'm made of sugar. No, I'm probably made of vinegar. Bitter.

Life passed in a train. I didn't take it. I was there in the station. But again I seated myself in a bench and watched as people got in the train. I saw it starting to move and did nothing. There wasn't anything I could do anymore. It was too late. The train made a noise as if bidding me farewell and disappeared in a tunnel.

Sometimes I feel like I can see it coming once more. But it never stops. The speed decreases but it's always moving, it never stops. Some people are brave enough to go for it. They run and take it. As for me, I was always afraid about being hurt to try.

One day I met one girl who didn't make it to the train. She wasn't fast enough and end up falling and breaking her heart. She said we shouldn't be afraid about that because it happens all the time. We just have to try harder. She broke her heart but didn't lose her hope.

Maybe another day. People say life is unpredictable. Maybe one day I will be able to catch up with it.

For now I'm with my eyes open but I don't see anything. People come and go but only I stay. Alone.