Girl at the hospital

I was still sleepy but I swear I heard that voice before.

"How is she?"

"She will be fine."

"When will she wake up?"

"We don't know. But her vitals are steady. She should wake up soon."

Who are they talking about?

"Thank you."

"You should go home and rest a little. You've been here for two days already."

"No. I will stay with her."

"OK, if that's what you want. But I will only let you stay because you said you're her only family here. You're her fiancé, right?"

"Yes, I am."

"A fiancé without a ring. I will pretend I believe it."

With a sight the woman exited the room. I thought I was alone but then I heard another sight and someone seated in my bed.

"That was close. I should've said you're my girlfriend, then there would be no need for a ring. Now I will have to buy a pair of engagement rings for us and I'm not which one you would prefer."

I know that voice...

Then he took my hand and kissed it tenderly.

"But you're so beautiful I couldn't resist. I'd be glad to have you as my fiancé. I would be the luckiest man on earth."

Erick.

If you say that again I might get swayed...

"Please wake up, I need you."

I felt a kiss in my forehead and some weight on my chest.

I tried to open my eyes but the light burned at first. Slowly I opened my eyes again and saw a white ceiling.

Am I in a hospital?

As I surveyed the place my suspicions were confirmed. What surprised me was the owner of the weight in my chest. Erick was still holding my hand but his head was in my chest now. His eyes were closed but I could see the tears.