9.| Last Minute Auditions

Start from the beginning

Kurt patted Jayden's shoulders, "you need to tell them how you really feel about Rachel and Glee Club, you are one of the smartest kids at McKinley, why would they think that you're doing bad?"

Jayden sighed, "because I got an Asian F," Kurt furrowed his eyebrows, "in my family it's a A-minus and my parents hate A-minus,"

***

Rachel came towards Jayden who was at his locker as he held his bagpack his hands as he shoved his books into his locker, "ready for song practice? Your audition is tomorrow again,"

Jayden looked at Rachel as he looked at his hair in his mirror, "I'm not auditioning," Rachel frowned, "what are you talking about? We've been practicing singing and dancing every day! This is your chance to break out and show everyone that you're more then just a handsome dancer and singer, Tony is prefect for you,"

"I'm overwhelmed and losing focus, football, Glee Club, Booty Camp, so we're ready for Sectionals. I got an A-minus, Rachel,"

Rachel gasped, "you got an Asian F?" Jayden nodded, "my parents are all over me," Rachel touched his forearm, "you shouldn't have to hide your dreams, just be honest with him,"

Jayden looked at Rachel, "oh, like you were honest when you dated Finn behind my back," Rachel sighed, "point taken," Jayden closed his locker as he walked away.

Jayden walked into the choir room throwing his bag into the corner as Brittany came in, dancing with some girls as Santana followed behind her.

***

Jayden walked in the hallway with his phone pressed against his ear, "I promise to bring up my grade up. And, Dad, I am so sorry for disappointing you,"

Jayden hanged up the phone when he saw an empty dance studio, Jayden sighed as he stood outside of the door, Jayden out his jacket onto the pole as he dropped his bag onto the floor.

Jayden unbuttoned his flannel as he had a black tank top underneath it, he grew it aside as he looked at himself in the mirror.

Jayden grunts as he did a spin in the air before landing it, he spins onto his knees as he came to the floor,before he pushed himself up before doing a serious dance move across the floor before he lands on his knees as he stopped in front of a mirror, his dad showed up in his mind, "Johnathon, we've worked so hard to get where we are, and this, is how you waste your time? Dancing is something you do at a wedding, it's a hobby not a career. There's no future in it,"

Jayden was about to move when he felt something grip onto his wrist, "what happens if you hurt yourself? You're one injury away from having nothing. You will not wast your life," Jayden went through him as he danced by himself.

Jayden span himself in a circle when he landed onto his knees in a corner when Rachel appeared, "so beautiful," Jayden looks up as he hears himself breathing heavily.

Rachel came onto her knees as she was face to face with Jayden, "you don't talk that much, you hardly ever play something, but when I see you do that. It's who you are,"

Rachel grabbed Jayden's hand as he gave her a small smile, "it's what makes me feel you-" Rachel placed his hand onto her chest where her heart was beating, "Jayden, you got to know by now, when I see you dance or sing-" Jayden looked at Rachel.

Rachel smiled at him, "it's why I fell in love with you," Rachel pulled Jayden closer to her as Jayden wrapped his arms around Rachel's waist when she disappeared into thick air.

Azimio, Shane and Puck with half of the football team looked at Jayden weirdly as he looked at the floor, Shane let out a cough, "you ready to do this?"

Jayden nodded as he let them inside when they dropped their bags onto the floor as Jayden put them into a line, "okay, just follow me,"

Jayden did a dance move before he slides across the floor as the boys did the same, "okay, that was good, let's do it with some music,"

Jayden pressed onto a song as they all copied his dance moves when they finished, the boys were breathing heavily as Jayden smiled, "ready to audition with me?"

They gave a small nod as they catches their breath before getting a drink of water, Jayden smiled at Puck, "let's do this,"

***

"Jayden Collins wait? What again?" Artie called at the latest audition session before frowning at his helpers, Coach Beiste and Emma.

"The kid's never late. He like always early to class, we'll only because Rachel made him a timetable in bright colours, so he couldn't lose it," He sighed "Okay, next."

"Wait!" Jayden ran on stage "Uh, I'm sorry I'm late. I'm here to audition for Bernardo."

Emma looked uncomfortable "Uh, Jayden, I thought you wanted to play Tony,"

Jayden shook his head, "I don't really mind which character I can play, but all I know is that I need to sing and dance in this, I even helped half of the football team, so they are gonna dance with me,"

"Okay."

[Jayden]
Hey yo, Titans!
Sucking too hard on your lollipop
Oh, love's gonna get you down

The Titans football team came out as Jayden passed Puck a microphone as he smirked at him.

[Chorus]
Sucking too hard on your lollipop
Oh, love's gonna get you down
Sucking too hard on your lollipop
Loves gonna get you down

Jayden did a pop sound as the Titans danced with Jayden as he smiled at Artie, Artie gave Jayden a thumbs up.

[Verse 1]
I went walking with my momma one day
When she warned me what people say
Live your life until love is found
Cause loves gonna get you down
Take a look at the girl next door
She's a player and a downright bore
Jesus loves her but she wants more
Oh, bad girls get you down
Sing it!

Jayden pointed to the Titans as they started harmonising as Artie was shocked at how Jayden got them to sing.

[Chorus]
Sucking too hard on your lollipop
Oh, love's gonna get you down
Sucking too hard on your lollipop
Loves gonna get you down

Jayden pointed to Puck who danced in the middle as Jayden handed him a microphone.

[Puck]
Say love, say love
Oh, love's gonna get you down
Say love, say love
Oh, love's gonna get you down (Titans:Oh, loves gonna get you down)

"Yeah! Wow!" Artie cheered as his friend's performance of Lollipop came to an end.

Coach Beiste blinked in surprise "Wow, Jayden, you must have worked really closely with the football team there again. That was some really fancy footwork. I just hope you didn't waste too much of your time."

Jayden shook his head "It's what I love to do. It's never going to be a waste of my time."

***

Vote, Comment and Share ❤️