5.| Vocal Adrenaline

5.|Vocal Adrenaline

Good Enough - Empire Cast"I'll never be big enough to pay your dues, but I keep trying, you just keep on making me jump through hoops

"I'll never be big enough to pay your dues, but I keep trying, you just keep on making me jump through hoops. What do I got to do?"

***

Jayden stood besides Rachel as he tried to play the drums with one hand, Rachel just smiled when she kissed his cheek as Mr. Schue entered the choir room, "All right, New Directions! Big news. As you all know, Vocal Adrenaline came in second last year at Nationals."

Jayden looked at Mr. Schue as he smiled at everyone, "the only good thing that came out of hat lost weekend.." Rachel elbowed Jayden in the stomach as they sat on the choir room chairs.

Jayden smiled sweetly at Rachel, "well besides us getting back together."

Mr. Schue looked at Jayden as Jayden wrapped his left arm around Rachel's waist, "well, the boosters at Carmel don't donate tens of thousands of dollars every year to come in Second. So they fired Dustin Goolsby--"

Artie interrupted, "so handsome," making Jayden nod with him.

Jayden smirked at Artie, "and they're having trouble finding a new Coach. Seems that no one wants to take on that pressure cooker,"

Tina looked at the two boys who were just smirking, "that means they're vulnerable."

Mr. Schuester bit down on his lip as he looked at everyone, "yes. And if we work hard enough, we can beat them, which is why I've realised that, um.... I can't direct through musical this year."

Rachel looked at Jayden as he shrugged his shoulders as she stared at Mr. Schue, "but, Mr Schue, you can't cancel the musical, My New York dreams depends on it."

Rachel sat back down when Jayden pressed a kiss to her lips as Rachel gave him a small smile, "i am not canceling it. I'm just not directing it. My sole focus has to be in here. Nationals, Nationals, Nationals! And it's not just me that's gonna have to focus harder this year. I've been too easy on you, so everyday after choir practice I am instituting a mandatory Booty Camp."

Mr. Schue smirked when he wrote on the whiteboard, 'booty camp', "so that we can work on our dancing. Now, it's not for all of you. Just the people that I think need help. Like..."

Jayden looked at Finn, kind of pointing at him as Lucas did the same but Lucy bit down on her lip, "Finn."

Finn frowned at his girlfriend, "you said I was a good dancer," Lucy gave him a small smile, "in my opinion, I do think you are but not everyone else thinks so,"

Mr. Schuester looked at Puck then to Kurt, "how did you know? And Puckerman, Hummel."

Kurt raised his hand as Jayden rolled his eyes, "I must protest."

Jayden looked at Mike, giving him the look as he nodded before looking at Kurt, "you kinda have one move, Kurt, it's like this sashay and it's super distracting."

Jayden then looked around the room to see anyone else who's not good at dancing before Mr. Schue spoke, "Jones."

Mercedes shook her head, "what? Hell to the nizzy - no."

Mr. Schue looked at Mercedes before looking at the two best boy dancers in the club, "you told me once that you were Beyonce. You don't think she spends extra time in the dance studio? Mike Chang and Jayden Collins has offered to be my assistants and we start tomorrow and yes, Puckerman it is mandatory."

Rachel looked at Jayden before looking at Mr. Schue, "Jayden can't help with booty camp because of his arm,"

Jayden gave Rachel's hand a small squeeze, "it's okay, and we can still have our date after booty camp."

Blaine smiled at couple as Jayden looked at Rachel in the eyes when Blaine looked back at Mr. Schue, "Mr. Schuester, would you mind if I dropped by for a little bit. I really need to catch up with you guys."

Rachel looked at Mr. Schue as Jayden looked at Brittany who was smiling at him, "okay, Mr. Schue, I'm glad that you're so concerned with our special-needs members, but what about me. okay, who's gonna direct the musical?"

Mr. Schuester pointed to the door as Coach Beiste and Ms. Pillsbury walked in with smiles on their faces, "ladies and gentleman, your co-musical directors. Ms. Pillsbury and Coach Beiste."

Ms. Pillsbury smiles at Will when he looked back at them, "now, Ms. Pillsbury did such a good job helping me out with Rocky Horror last year that I knew she could handle the job."

Coach Beiste looked at the boys in the club who were football players, "and I'm here to keep the football guys in line and I've also talked them into playing the Jets."

Rachel looked at Mr. Schue, "Mr. Schue, with all due respect to Ms. Pillsbury and Coach Beiste, this is crazy - they have absolutely zero experience in directing a musical."

Coach Beiste frowned at Rachel, "not actually true: In college I was in A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum. I played the forum."

Mr. Schue smirked at his students, "the teachers at this school are already overworked and unfortunately a lot of them agree with Sue that the arts are a waste of time. Besides, they are gonna have some help. I have decided to include student director this year.".

Rachel looked at Mr. Schue proudly as Jayden rolled his eyes at his girlfriend, "Mr. Schue, I'm honored, but Barbra was forty when she directed herself in Yentl so it's just, it's too soon."

The others just raises their eyebrows and frown. Even Mr. Schue and Ms. Pillsbury hide their laugh because of Rachel over confidence.

Brittany shook her head at Rachel, "I hate you."

Mr. Schue just ignored Rachel when he turned his head to Artie, "I was actually hoping that Artie would take the job."

Artie was talking with Jayden when he heard his name, "me? I've developed my whole personal around conflict avoidance."

Tina looked at her ex-boyfriend with a small smile on her face, "come on, Artie. You've made short films. Directing is your dream. You can do it."

Artie looked at Jayden as he gave him a small nod with a smile, "I'm in."

Mr. Schuester grinned at Artie as Jayden smirked, "alright. That's what I like to hear, buddy."

Jayden sighs heavily and throws his left arm around the back of the chair before turning his head to look fully at the girl, whom to his surprise was already staring at him.

"What is it?" Jayden chuckles, lifting his broken fingers to wipe across his mouth, "Is there something on my face?"

"No," She whispers back, her eyes still moving around his face with a distinctive twinkle in them. "No, you're perfect- you're perfect,"

***

Vote, Comment and Share ❤️