1. A Mother's Heart

A cry from a mother is the worst sound you will ever hear.

Being a queen for two weeks has been dreadful. Multiple killings by the Heart Man has become more and more as each day passes.

As I stand on the balcony I feared that the Folklore was true. Now he enters into my kingdom and taken innocent children lives for the devil. It's my duty to stop this at all cost.

"My daughter" Hearing my mother Bajan accent ring through my ears. I turn towards her to see her calm face.

"Don't overthink this, It's has happening before your grandmother was born and it will go on after you are gone." I walk to my mother side to lead her to a chair by the fireplace.

"Mom kids and women are being taken by this sick man and we are not doing anything to stop it." Disbelief is written across my face as I spoke to her.

"What can we do. His a ghost no one has ever caught him." She said with great pain.

"That was then, this is now we have more resources to stop him." I turned around to face the dimmed fire.

"You rely on something we have limited here." A smirk graced her face. "As if a camera can blind him with a flash." She stood up and trailed to the door.

"For certain it will be the first picture​ of him him." As she closes the door.

Leaving me with my thoughts of on how I'll caught this killer with limited supplies. Only God knows on what will be in storied.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

I emerged from the bathroom and climb into my comfortable king size bed. I lay staring at the celling, thinking about those lifeless corpses that linger around the roads waiting to be collected by their mourning family.

Why my kingdom he wants to inflict chaos and destress. As if I have enough on my plate. This will be another thing my people will about me that I'm unfit to protect them. Sit there and their children get kill.

I for sure will go down in history as the worst queen of all time. Just after my father get killed for being to greedy for his own good. Leaving to rule a kingdom on my own.

Ahh Ahh Ahh

Screaming has broken my thoughts. I gather my robe and ran to the sound to see my mother chamber maiden on the floor.

"I'm sorry my queen." Blood poured out her wound. Her eyes closes while taking her last breathe.

"My queen he has taken her." One of the soldiers said coming out of her room.

"Heartman took my mother." I yelled in fear. "How he got in...Tell me." I begged.

"He pose as a servant and enter her Chambers when maiden exited her room." He spoke clearly.

"How can he easily come into the castle." In shock on how easy for anyone to walk in. "No one was suspicious about it."

"No ma'am" he paused "We sent more soldier to patrol the lands for the him."

"The security was low because of your orders." As if he was blaming me for this.

"And I feel you are accusing me for this." I wanted slap him for this disrespect.

"No my highness, its my fault to make you think that." He bow his head for forgiveness.

"It's fine, but it not correct." He agreed "I need my best trackers out now to find my mother."

My general has left to assist the search of my mother leaving me with my chamber maiden.

"My queen may I tell you something." She hesitated.

"Yes, what is it?" I was puzzled because she rarely ask questions.

"There's people in America who can help in our time of need." She look at me to approved her to continue. I nodded. "The people have powers or technology beyond ours. They very God at their jobs."

Silently stared from afar pondering on the information she told me just now. Considering is the right for reinforcement.

"What are their names" Looking back at her.

"The Avengers" I repeated under breathe. Imagine on how they look like.

"You can leave" She headed to the maid corridors.

Walking to the strategy room, I stop for the guards to open the door. When the doors open everyone stop and stare at me.

As I pass bows were sent my way. I stop in front of my general. He bow out of respect and started to tell the plan on how to track down my mother and recuse her and while capturing the heartman.

As the meeting ends I waited to be alone with the general to talk about this team.

"General I to ask you about something." When the doors was close completely leaving us by ourselves.

"Yes anything for the Queen." He said firmly.

"Contact this team in America called the Avengers." I quickly spoke.

"Are you sure about this my highness" He reluctantly.

"Yes, we need any help we can get." Every word came out my mouth my pride took a hit.

"I will try to contact them." I dismissed him.

I close the door behind me. I was surrounded by guards like a brick wall.

"Oh I see, I'm back on heavy guarding." I joke but no one laughed.

This happen once before when I was 17. I was a wild child no care in world. Being the only child I could do anything I wanted without being in a huge trouble.

They cleared a path for me to my room following like good soldiers they assisted to open my door.

Taking a sit at my vanity thinking on how everything spiral out of control in minutes.
Losing my mother instance and being vulnerable to go to asking for help from strangers.

I hope the Avengers can help me.