I Woke Up In Someone Else's Body

"Dianne, get up. You still have a school to attend to." said by the voice I heard.

Is this heaven? There's a school here too?

Wait, does hell also have school?

I slowly opened my eyes, anxious of where I am.

The same surroundings I had lived is here before my eyes, except from the person and the room I have seen just now.

"Who are you?" I asked. "An angel? Aren't you supposed to wear a white cloth over your body?"

"What angel?"

"Oh, no. You're a demon?!" I was cut off by a slap of a pillow to my face.

"Demon?! How dare you call me a devil!! What's happening to you?!" the girl in front of me said.

She asked me what's happening to me, I didn't even bother answering her because I know too well that I don't know what's happening to me either. I bring up my hand to my face and look at it.

The back of my hand isn't the same.

I look at my feet, my legs and thighs; my nails is painted and my skin color changed.

I look up to see the girl in front of me, staring deeply in her eyes.

"Who am I?"

"What do you mean 'Who am I'? You're Dianne Frances Adalene, already 20 years old and is living in New York, USA. You have of course a beautiful sister, a mother and a father. You're in second year of college and you have a secret boyfriend that I know about. Your birthday is 26th of September, which is today, and orange is your favorite color." she said smugly. "If you're trying to test me again if I remember your birthday just to not forget to buy you a gift, I already memorized your autobiography, sis."

Her statement leaves me shock. I don't know what she's saying. Yes, my birthday is 26th of September and my favorite color is orange, but I'm not 20 years old.

I don't have a boyfriend,

I was engaged.

I'm not attending college,

I was already working.

I don't have a sister,

I was the only child.

I never once set my foot in USA,

I lived in Europe all my life.

My name doesn't have Adalene,

Frances,

nor Dianne.

And specially,

Today isn't just my birthday,

It's also my death day.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I pull one of the chair in the dining table and sit.

"Today is your 20th birthday, darling. And as promised, you can do anything you want to do for a whole week. We already saved some money for your wishes." Dianne's mother opened up as I sit.

I am shock. I can do anything I want to do for a week. Is this my last wish, before I completely die?

If this is it, I need to use it wisely.

" I want to go to Europe. " I said looking in the eyes of Dianne's parents.

They look at each other eyes and smile. "Okay darling. It's your birthday present. Do what you want. We'll reserve a flight as soon as possible for a nearer time. Pack your clothes." Dianne's dad said.

I smile back and goes upstairs. I want to go to Europe. I want to go to where I lived and died. I want to see them one more time. I want to see him one more time.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

All passengers, please exit the plane carefully. Please check your place for any left objects. We have reached Charles de Gaulle Airport, Welcome to France.

As I take my first 20 steps in Europe, I feel like crying. I suddenly wonder, 'why did u die?'

Though there are many people in the airport, tears start escaping from my eyes. I immediately wipe it off. Without further ado, I march my way to my house.

Bienvenue à la maison.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

A few more steps and I'll finally reach my home.

Is he there? Is he still there?

One last turn and I can finally see it. I can finally see him.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I stop myself from knocking. Why is no one opening the door. Where is he?

Did he left? Did he?

Oh my god...

I felt my knees pound on the ground. It hurts. Tears start flooding in my eyes. I start to sob, feeling my heart burning.

"Excuse me, miss?"

I look up.

The burning in my heart escalated even more. I cry even more.

"Wha- Hey, why are you crying? Why are you in front of my door? Hey." He said while tapping my shoulder.

"I-I'm sorry... I didn't mean to leave you a-alone.. Cris, I'm so so so sorry." I said, burying my face between my hands.

"Woah. Miss, why do you know my name? Who are you?"

My sobbing stops.

Who am I?

I forgot.

Silence envelope our surroundings.

"Uhm, do you mind answering? Because you are clearly in front of my door right now and I can't go in." he demanded.

"Shut up." I replied.

He gasps and is about to talk back when I cut him off, "Dianne Frances Adalene."

"What's that? Your name?" he stated.

"Obviously."

"If you're going to just wear that attitude, you bett-" I cut him off again by asking, "Where have you been?"

He shuts him mouth and averts his eyes from mine, standing straight. His eyes suddenly change.

"Just, somewhere." he answered.

And that's where I notice what he is wearing. He's wearing a black long-sleeved shirt and a black pants. His flashy sports shoes that he always wear was replaced by a neat black shoes.

"Oh...", is the only word that I can say.

As if he forgot about my existence, his eyes wander in the sky. I look deeply in his eyes, feeling guilty for leaving him all alone. I look at his hands, he's still wearing our engagement ring. I smile to myself and try to get his attention.

"Hey, wanna cry with me?"

He looks at me, confuse,

then smiles.