The Feeling in Her Stomach

Bitty woke up with a start. She had this strange dream of talking food...

It honestly made her kind of hungry. Hungry for... bread. Or, more specifically, toast.

Her one weakness. The most stereotypical breakfast item. Besides eggs or bacon, of course. Even so, Bitty decided to roll out of bed and put something in her rumbling tummy.

She slid on a comfy tank top and some sweatpants, ready to laze around for the day. Socializing? Don't make her laugh.

Making her way to the kitchen, Bitty felt like something was off. She had this feeling in the pit of her stomach, besides her hunger, that felt...

...Strangely, happy?
Like something good was going to happen. Like, she would meet someone today. Someone who would make her feel special, someone who would make her body feel full of... love...

But, whatever, right? She had no intentions of doing anything today. Except to eat.

Pushing some junk aside on the counter, Bitty grabbed a load of bread and cut off a slice. She placed it down on a plate and reached into the silverware drawer to get a knife.

Opening the fridge, she grabbed a stick of butter and a carton of orange juice. Deciding to disregard her self-worth, she chugged the liquid straight from the carton and half-hazardously tossed it back into the fridge. Bitty casually unwrapped the butter and picked up the knife nearby.

As she brought the knife down on the stick of butter, she heard a high-pitched shriek that came out of nowhere. Bitty freaked out and dropped what she was holding. The knife clanged to the floor and the butter plopped to the ground with an audible "oW!"

Bitty stared at the fat-inducing stick and was silent. She just couldn't comprehend what happened.

The dairy product molded, and took the shape of something vaguely human-like, and sat up. It stared at her and smiled.

"Hi!" It squeaked. "My names Budder! Can you pick me back up? That fall kinda hurt." The thing slightly tilted its head, waiting for some kinda response.

It was not expecting, judging by its wyes widening, a scream from the tall person.

Bitty yelled, "WHAT THE FUCK?!" And slammed her foot down on the living... thing. It was no longer just a food item, it was a strange creature that might have been an alien. It exploded beneath her powerful stomp, and was silent. Bitty slowly took her food off of its remains, and was also silent.

She whispered loudly, "what the fuck." and stepped away. She decided to leave the kitchen and lay back down on her bed.

'This is fine.' She thought, with a nervous smile on her face. 'I'll just have a nap. Who needs to eat? Certainly not me.'

Bitty sighed loudly, and stared with a poker face at her ceiling.
She whispered, one more time, a soft "what the fuck."

THE END.
_________________________

April Fools! This isn't how the story truly ends. This is a bad ending for it. I probably won't continue this soon, but
oh well!
I hate school!

This is dedicated to my amazing friend, Anna.
You are one righteous pal. 😉