chapter seven

BRANDON
chapter seven

It was now the third day of our vacation, leaving five more days remaining.

Effie and I awoke at an early hour today.

We took some photos to send to my friends and family at home and we were now sitting in the living room.

I had parked myself between Effie's legs as we played video games. So she had to lean to the side just to see the screen or operate the controller.

This gave me a much bigger advantage but Effie seemed to have coped with it nicely.

I bit my lip as I aimed for Effie's character as we had a one on one battle to the death.

"No, Effie!" I call out as she begins to damage my health.

I found myself leaning to the side so she couldn't see the screen which forced giggles to erupt from her mouth but also some shouts of protest.

In the end when triumph rained over me, Effie had grown to become quite the sore loser.

"That wasn't fair at all." She objects, crossing her arms over her chest.

An adorable pouting look was spread out on her face and I couldn't help but grin.

"You're so adorable." I smirk, touching the tip of her nose with my finger.

I go to walk away to retrieve a beverage to quench my thirst but I guess Effie had other plans.

I stopped in my tracks as I felt something soft hit me in the back of my head.

I turned around slowly and look down at my feet.

I then look back up at the girl who was pretending as if nothing ever happened.

"Did you just throw a pillow at me?" I grin, coming closer to her.

She shakes her head no,"Of course not."

"You're such a sore loser."

I laugh when she starts throwing more pillows at me.

I catch one that comes directly at me and carry on with my laughing, using that pillow as a shield.

"Hey," I say, calming down from my laughter,"Hey, I'm sorry everyone can't be as perfect as me."

She holds one high above her head, taunting me, daring me to continue on with my words.

"I don't need your fake apologizes. I need you to admit to being a cheater."

She must have felt proud of having had me in my current postition as she now held a smug look on her face.

"Or what?"

"Or..." She ponders, unmindful of what to say.

I drop my pillow and grin,"Exactly."

She opens her mouth to protest once more before the doorbell sounds.

"Once again, I win." I smirk,"and you might as well get used to it."