7

A/N
From now on, unless I say so, the story is in (name)'s POV ^^
Also, some minor appearance changes for her; her hair is black instead of purple and her eyes are blue instead of... whatever color they were before; refer to the new cover/picture ^^

---------------------------------------------------------

"Take it like an infiltration mission. If you get a job there, he'll just think you're a normal human!"

As always, Emi was fruitlessly encouraging me, as we stood before a mirror and she plaited my hair.

Under the basis that Satan didn't yet know who I was, or what I looked like even if he did know my identity, I was to apply for a job at MgRonalds, his work place, to... get closer to him. While Emi's borderline stalking him and Alciel was getting us nowhere information wise, I could try to be his friend and get him to trust me as another approach.

"Emi, you-"

"(nickname), I know you don't want to, but it's for the sake of everything we fight for."

"Really, Emi, you-"

"There! Now you look all sweet and innocent. Just a highschool girl looking for a part time job for some money."

I sighed. Although she claimed to be a great hero, a lot of the time she actually got pretty dumb.

"Now, I can't come with you, in case we run into him and he sees us together. You'll need to take the train, then you're going to the MgRonalds near the station; just ask someone for directions if you get lost."

And with that, she wished me luck and pushed me out of the apartment.

"That enthusiastic, blithering idiot. If I do find Satan, he's going to be able to tell I'm from Ente Isla!"

---------------------------------------------------------

Another thing that Emi failed to realize was my horrible sense of direction, and the fact I had never been anywhere that required me to take the train to get there. Around me, people went about their lives, while I stayed stood outside a train station, clueless. I had no idea if by 'station', she meant this one, or another, and I wasn't about to leave and get lost with no way to get home.

Although, I was beginning to consider doing so before I saw a young man walk past, with a bike. He wasn't riding it, almost as if he was nearly at where he was supposed to be. His hair was a kind of greeny-black, but he was facing away from me, so I couldn't catch his eyes.

"Excuse me?" I called, stepping out into the street.

He stopped, and turned to look at me. A few others on the street looked to me too, only to see I wasn't calling them and continuing on, thinking it all insignificant.

His eyes were a soft red; nearly orange.

"Yeah?"

"Can you tell me where the MgRonalds here is?"

A grin came onto his face, and his eyes almost lit up.

"Yeah, I'm going there now, so I'll take you! It's where I work."

It's where he works? Is this...

I smiled gratefully at him. "Thank you! Coincidentally, I'm going there to get a job!~"

---------------------------------------------------------

With a million fake, cheery facades, and without any fail, I got the job at MgRonalds. Although seeing as I wasn't allowed to get straight to working on the day I applied, I spent my time in the shops on the street, for the young man from earlier - I learned today that his name was Maou Sadao, so if Emi's information on Satan's human name was correct, this was him - had offered to walk me back to the train station after he finished his shift, so I had quite a bit of time to kill.

A lot of my time and just a bit of my money, I spent at the book shop across the street. From there, I could browse books, but also keep an eye on Maou whenever he was in view. The place killed two birds with one stone.

But the book shop had closed about an hour ago, so I was stuck sat at a table on my own in MgRonalds, sipping a coke and staring bored out of the window.

"Hey, (nickname)! My shift's over."

Upon hearing Maou speak, I put on a smile, and turned my head to face him. He was out of his work uniform, and back in the clothes he was wearing when I first saw him.

"Alright! Then time to go?"

"Yeah!"

Quickly finishing off my coke, I stood up, and picked up the now empty cup. We walked out of the fast food restaurant together (Maou turning back to wave goodbye to his remaining coworkers), and I binned the fast food cup on our way out.

In friendly silence, we walked down the darkening street. It was only when we neared the station that Maou spoke, in a serious, if not blank tone of voice.

"So, do you mind telling me just who you are?"