1

When she awoke, he was gone, not a trace left of his existence in the room, not even a feather from his jet black wings. No one would ever know where he would have been late at night, not even Satan. If anyone did, he wouldn't be able to see her again, never. The hero would surely kill him, to add. It was dangerous for him to love her, with her being the hero's best friend, they were as close as sisters. But nevertheless, he still visited her.

"Goodnight, (name)..." The demon general, Lucifer, whispered, standing up and ready to leave for the night. (name) had her head buried in her pillows, sleeping still. He unfurled his wings and stepped out onto the balcony of the room, leaving the door as it was when he arrived and taking off, his wings casting shadows over the moonlit villages.

As the first rays of sunlight shone through the windows and illuminating the room, (name) started to wake. A taunting ray of sunlight spread across her face, temporarily blinding her when she decided to open up her eyes. She really couldn't be bothered to get up. Today would be more training, more piercing lifeless targets in the meadows with flint tipped arrows. She much preferred being taught how to use her magic, no matter how little she had the ability to use. It was interesting to see how much power she had inside of her, ready to be commanded at the slightest notion.

But, she had to get out of bed eventually. Emilia always barged in at some point or another, waking her up despite efforts to get more sleep. If necessary, Emilia resorted to pulling (name) out of bed, blankets and all. This, (name) guessed, was what would be happening this morning.

"(n-a-m-e)!" Emilia sang, opening up the room. Her eyes searched the room for the lavender haired individual, and found her, as usual, sprawled out on the bed, the lavender locks following her actions. "Please don't pull me off the bed again, Emilia, I'm awake.." (name) mumbled, opening up her eyes once more, that damned sun ray still dancing across her face. "I just can't open my eyes because the sun wants to blind me.."

Emilia giggled, walking over to (name)'s bed and pulling on the girl's arm. "Move then, (name)!" She yelled in a sing-song tone. (name) grumbled. "I don't wanna shoot sacks in a meadow again, Emilia... That gets boring.."

"Well, if you wanna be a warrior, you need to know how to fight!" Emilia encouraged, still tugging on (name)'s arm. "Come on, just roll over or something! Then the sun won't be blinding you!"

(name) groaned again and rolled over onto the other side of the bed, allowing Emilia to pull her off, covers and all, as usual.

"I knew you would end up doing that..." (name) muttered, stretching and opening up her eyes. Emilia pulled her up onto her feet, throwing the covers back onto the bed disorderly. (name) stared at Emilia with a bored glare, as if asking her what the hell she messed her bed up for.

"Don't worry, (name)! Your bed was messy anyway!" Emilia giggled, causing (name) to sigh.

"Am I doing archery again?" She muttered, retreating from the side of the bed.

"Yes. Please make an effort this time?" Emilia pleaded, turning to face (name).

"It's just so boring Emilia, I can't help it. I'm better with magic, honestly, but Olba doesn't believe I have enough magic to take down one of Satan's generals, let alone Satan himself. But I do, really! I've been training myself." (name) explained, trying to get herself out of her boring task. They stood in silence for a few minutes, until (name) dragged Emilia out of the room.

"Fine. I'll shoot some stupid targets in some stupid meadow. Just stay outside while I change."

When Emilia was outside, (name) sighed once more. "Looks like I've not really got a choice, huh?" She muttered to herself, walking over to her wardrobe and picking out just any old outfit.
​​​​​