2

(A/N: Okay.. so.. the story is (You guessed it!) 3rd person. Except when it comes to reader's thoughts, which are in italics. They are written in 1st person, so.. don't confuse yourselves or anything, oki?)

Strolling out of her room in a casual archery outfit, Kasumi searched the hallway for her pinky-haired companion. Well, she was more of a companion to Emilia, but she shrugged off her immediate mental downfall.

"Hey, Emilia? Let me just remind you that you dragged me into this and I didn't sign up for a game of hide and seek." Kasumi muttered, walking on. After countless steps of searching, she gave up.

"I guess I'll just go to the stupid meadow and start without her." She drawled, continuing on and half expecting for her friend to tackle her to the ground after jumping from an absurd hiding place. She was wrong to expect that, though. The hallways were empty if you dismissed the footfalls of Kasumi, along with her presence. Usually, it wouldn't have been this quiet. Was something going on between humans and demons? Maybe they forgot about me and ran off into battle or something. Eh, I'll find out soon. If the meadow's on fire, I'll know.

Nearing the doors to the meadow, (I'm making the meadow sound like some magical shiz that should be capitalized because I mention it so much~ The meadow this, the meadow that, but IDEK another thing to call it. Hey, she does archery in a meadow, so I'm being honest, right?) Kasumi searches her surroundings for a possibly hiding Emilia once more, but fails to spot anyone, and opens up the door with a sigh. (NO, SHE DID NOT OPEN THE DOOR BY SIGHING, I MEAN, SHE DID SAY SHE WAS CAPABLE OF FIGHTING SATAN BUT SHE ISN'T THAT AMAZING..) Scanning her eyes over the meadow, she spotted the girl she had been looking for all along and her face lightened up. Also, something worth noting, the meadow was not on fire.

"Hey, Emilia!" Kasumi yelled into the distance. There was, surprisingly, a lot of distance between the doors and the archery spot. Hey, this meadow had once been a golden field of wheat, with a couple of apple trees dotted about here and there, but that was quite a long time ago. Right now, the only remaining reminder of those times was a lonely apple tree, gnarled with age, and the ample, empty space surrounding them. Taking her time to make it to the other side (HELLO FROM THE OTHER SIDE!! Ya know, Emilia and Kasumi would totally be singing this if it existed in Ente Isla.), Kasumi admired the beauty of her surroundings. Don't get me wrong, I may hate archery practice but this place is amazing..

The sun was shining, rays of sunlight penetrating darkness and casting it away into shadows. The peaceful sounds of the outside world, birds singing charming melodies, leaves rustling in the faint breeze. A clear blue sky stretched overhead, not a single stormy cloud in sight. Then again, there was merely a few purely white clouds, making the sky seem like an empty, unexplored paradise of bright and pleasing colors. Ente Isla truly had it's beautiful spots.

"Hey, Kasumi, hurry up! The arrows aren't gonna shoot themselves!"

And just like that, Kasumi was in reality again. She picked up her pace, mumbling a quick 'sorry' and taking her barely used bow from Emilia's hand.

"Emilia, I'm bored already." Kasumi murmured, turning towards the targets under the old apple tree to hide her playful smirk. Oh, how she loved sarcasm.

Emilia yelled, still not noticing her smirk. "Hey! At least make an effort to have fun!"