《Chapter 59》Parent Consent

Liam POV

"No," Mrs.Diamonds cut me off, her blue eyes dark as she sniffled.

I sighed, turning to Mr.Diamonds, who stood in the hallway, glaring straight at a hospital photo framed on the beige blan walls.

"I- I will never have enough words to justify how apologetic I am for everything I've put you all through. I'll pay for all the bills..but I just want her-" I pleaded.

"Liam, stop right there," Mr.Diamonds made me freeze mid sentence, before sending his hand through his hair in a stressful manner. I swallowed intimidatingly.

"Yes, sir.. I just-" I was trying to hold in the tears that wanted to spill, making my voice dark and strained as I held back.

Mr.Diamonds shook his head and I pursed my lips, looking at his tense physique send his hand to his face, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Liam, I just.." he had a lack of words, and I knew how difficult it must be..

He turned to me, his eyebrows furrowed in pain, eyes red and swollen, like the rest of us.

"I spent nearly 12 years of my life all together away from my daughter, 12 years out of 18. Back and forth, having spent less than almost two thirds of every year away. That's a lot,Liam" his voice cracked a bit as he glared fiercly at me.

I nodded, not daring to look away from Mr.Diamonds gaze.

I guess I had to acknowledge that I couldn't just selfishly take Kelsey away from him now. It's.. too late?

His eyes dazed away as he thought of something, as he reminisced.

"And in between those short weeks with Kelsey, even when I'd bring her gifts, when I'd want to buy her anything she'd ever want...she never wanted it, because she always wanted to do things, go places... But you know what always completed her wish, ?" he raised his voice, his gaze anticipating me to guess. I furrowed my eyebrows, clueless.

He glared at me for a second, before shaking his head in disbelief, letting out a weak chuckle. He crossed his arm across his chest, and a tear fell from his eye.

"You, Liam. She'd always wanted you by her side in the happiness," he cried now.

I gulped... that hurt.. yet it felt so good to know that... she always cared..

"You don't understand how torn she was when you went to the hospital that time you nearly passed... and how much we pleaded for her not to donate her own. We were going to pay for your kidney...but she couldn't wait," Mrs.Diamonds cried too.

I shook my head, before I completely gave up the thought of taking her with me.

It would be too hard. It'd hurt them too much. Again, that'd be too selfish of me.

But then I thought of how much I needed Kels... and literally facepalmed myself.

How could I have possibly ever give up on my best friend?

I looked up when an idea came to mind.

"Mr.Diamonds?" I said softly. He had taken his hands away from his eyes, the little shine of hope and desperation reminding me so much of Kelsey.

"Why won't you all come along to America with me?.. Enjoy.. the moments?" I took a breath, waiting for a rejection when Mrs.Diamonds stood and froze at my words.

Mr.Diamonds looked behind me, his grimace spiraling into a soft blank expression.

"I don't know, Liam," Mr.Diamonds muttered.

"Please?" A weak voice spoke from behind.

I turned to find Kelsey standing against the door, pulling a tank of oxygen by her hip, the tubes against her nose, and her eyebrows furrowed as she pleaded.

"K-Kelsey...I-" her mom had walked passed me, and Kelseys swollen face looked up at her mom apologetically.

"Mom, I dont want to leave you guys when what we need the most is to stay together ...," she rubbed her mothers arms, letting out a small cough that sent my heart beating in fright.

They both gazed at me before sending their blue eyes to Mr.Diamond's rustling of keys.

I looked back at him, and he let out a deep breath.

"When do you leave for America again?" he asked.

I fluttered my eyes.

"Erm.. in a week, sir," I replied intimidatedly.

"Then we better get packing, Diane," he looked at his wife... and I couldn't help but smile.

Mrs.Diamonds looked doubtfully at her husband, before he reached to cuff Kelseys neck, and kiss her forehead.

Kelsey huddled in his chest.

Wait... Does that mean... They're coming?

"If it will get you standing again, princess. Then so be it," he hummed as he hugged her softly.

I smiled, and as I did, through Mr.Diamonds arm, Kelsey's blue eyes began to gleam a bit more, a smile on her face.

A smile that I wanted her to keep having forever.

That I will make her keep forever.

___________authors note:

OKAY, SO SORRY FOR THE MESSY short CHAPTERSSS

YAYYY, THE DIAMONDS ARE GOING TO AMERICA EARLIER THAN THEY EXPECTED!!

And KELIAM, (thanks to @promises2reminisce for the ship name) WILL BE TOGETHER AGAIN...

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

One last time

.

.

.

LOL

4-6 chapters left!!! FINALLY!

Thanks for those who have kept reading since day one! You guys are le best, yo!

Stay true and stay you.

~Y