01

Diamond is the hardest naturally occurring substance on Earth. But it turns to rubble under the head of a hammer. 

Why?

Because hardness is resistance to scratching. Not toughness.

The same way you were fooled, I, too, fell victim to the notion; Water is the source of life.

True, its versatility is diverse as our daydreams. But, it proved otherwise to me.

Life was blurred; a veil of translucent material had fallen across my eyes.

Splotches of black gnawing hands crept through the ironically cool blue.

The pressure at my orifices was reaching critical point. 

My brain was shutting down. I didn't know what I was doing. Was I moving? Was I thrashing?

No. I was still as a dead person. I was dying. But I wasn't moving.
The stone inside my chest was expanding like it had consumed growth hormones. It was too big for my too small chest.

I couldn't hold back anymore.

My mouth opened and the rushing water stifled the gasp.

The stone collapsed.

Where there was constricted air, there was water. Where there was blood, there was water.

There was pain and no pain. 

I was dying and living at the same time.

I could feel the merciless liquid diffuse through my alveoli and into the capillaries.

I could feel tears being replaced by numbing water.

The cold veil of water hurt like flames.

So, you see.

To me, water wasn't the source of life.

Water was the source of death.

A/N: Hello guys! I'm so excited to know what you think of this book, so give a second and share in your thoughts. Hang in there and wait for the next update. This is the third book I'm writing so far, a very unexpected one to be precise. Vote if you like reading it. Love ya all.