Chapter 20

-This chapter may contain themes that are very distressing and may upset someone who reads-

We go as fast as we can without hurting our little ones. Shadow helping us both down the corridor as much as he possibly can. He's really trying and he doesn't even know Gadget. I think it's just his natural instinct or something.

I hear the officers that was chasing us call for back up through their radio. This isn't going to be good.  We continue running anyway, conversations of places we could get them off us. Shadow knows this prison better than we do. He's actually worked here and locked people up.

We make a swift turn, not too harsh on us but just fast enough for us to gain some distance from the officers that wasn't expecting the sudden turn. They skidded down the hall and had to make their way up the hallway we were doing up. But that's when some unexpected officers ran out in front of us. I was late noticing, and had gotten caught.

I told shadow to get rookie safe, I would be okay. Well that's what I thought at the time. Shadow didn't seem like he was the thrilled to get rookie out without me. Probably because they don't know each other. But I gave one of them looks to say if he didn't get him out I would kill him. Theoretically speaking anyways.

I was taken as soon as the officer noticed me speaking to The Hedgehog that had just ran off. He shoved me in a cell. Soon another officer, that looked higher in position than the other officers entered the cold dark cell. "Stand you inferior hedgehog" he said sternly. I did as me asked to save myself some trouble. "Now tell me, why had you been sent here originally" he stands tall above me. Like a tower.

"For loving someone" I reply quietly. "And what gender is this person?" He asks, steadily moving more closer toward me. "M-male" I look down toward the hard concrete floor. "And is that good?" He asks, looking more stern. I nod. It's my opinion on this. Suddenly I feel a sting of pain travel through my right cheek. He had punched me. "Is that good now?!" He yells at me. I could feel my anger boil but I knew I had to keep calm for the baby's sake. I slowly and regretfully shake my head.

He laughs. It made my spine shiver. My legs go from underneath me. Then I noticed that he had spin kicked my legs, causing me to fall. "And do you think that it's good to get pregnant?!" He yells, coming closer to my face, I shook my head regretfully. He chuckled darkly. I hate this dude. I see him take off he belt and fold it so it's in half, he pulls his arm back and then...

SMACK
SMACK
SMACK

I felt to cold leather getting beat against my arms and back. It stings. Warm tears fill my eyes as he continues.

SMACK
SMACK
SMACK

again and again on repeat.

My arms had gone numb and was bleeding. My back, however, I could still feel, I knew I was bleeding there too. He threw his belt to the corner and forced me to stand. He forcefully punched me... in the place I was trying to keep safe. My belly. I screamed in pain. Blood rolling down from between my legs, my body not satisfied with the forced miscarriage. He pushes me back, making me fall on the floor. I cry long and hard. My baby... my poor baby... was gone.

He made me put on his jacket "now I hope you learned your lesson, cover yourself up and don't let the other prisoners see your body." He sounded like an abusive father. I wrapped myself up in the jacket, to protect myself from the cold. I rest my head against my knees, crying and rocking myself back an forth. I wanted to speak to my child that had gone. I want them to know that I did want them. "I'm so sorry.. I let you down. I won't forgive m-myself... me and your dad really wanted you here.... but I'm sorry.... I really let you down.." I cried