Chapter 8

I look as knuckles turns on my phone and reads the messages. The phone was vibrating like mental. New messages kept coming through. This is the worse it's been. Knuckles was reading through them and his facial expression changed. He look mortified. He literally looked like he had seen a dead body.

He looked at me in shock. I didn't even know what the messages said. I haven't read the latest one. "Sonic! You have been discovered by someone" he says, I already knew that, I nodded. "Sonic they are going to report you!" Now that was a shock. They said they wouldn't if I met up with them. "What?!" I snatched the phone from him, scanning through the messages. I went into panic mode. I started to hyperventilate. No no no. I don't want to loose shadow. My breathing was really unbalanced. Knuckles kept trying to calm me down.

He suddenly ran out of the room and came back up with the others, shadow and tails. Shadow looks at me and comes closer. "Sonic hold your breath for 10-15 seconds" he says then chaos controls out of sight and then suddenly comes back with a paper bag. I was doing what he said. "Breath in and out of this paper bag for a little while" he hands me the bag and I do what he says. I suddenly start to calm down again. I felt weak. I rested back on my bed, to regain my strength. They were looking at me worriedly.

Shadow sits next to me in the bed. He pulls me into his chest fur, petting my quills. He is oblivious to what is happening. I look over to knuckles, he stood up and left the room after putting my phone back on my bed, tails following him out shortly after, I heard muffles of them in the hall way until they got too far that I couldn't hear them. I sit up and grab the phone and give it to Shadow. He looks at me with a knowing expression. "Sonic, was there someone really texting you?" I looked at him then slowly nodded, dropping my ears. Heat rushing to my face. Not because I was blushing, because I was nervous. I didn't know what to say. I didn't know what to do.

I noticed that the vibrating on my phone had stopped. He looked through the messages on my phone. I heard him curse under his breath while gliding his eyes across the screen that had bold letters digitally printed on it. I was scared. I didn't know what to say or what to do. I suddenly feel two fingers pick up my chin, directing me to look at my counterparts face. His bright crimson eyes looking down at me. He looked so protective... but calm. I don't want to lose this. "I'm sorry" I say, trying to apologise. This is all my fault. Only if I told him in the first place.

Chaos... I'm so scared.

"Sh it will be okay, we will get through this Sonic. I promise." I nod as I feel my eyes swell up, a warm liquid falling down my muzzle, slowly... wait? I was crying? I saw shadows gloves hand reach up to my face, wiping the tears from my muzzle. I move my face clover to him, closing the gap between our faces, tears still slightly running down my face. I kiss my lover, I didn't want to loose this moment... ever.

I felt his hands move down to my waist. I puts my hands on his lap and slowly follow them up to his chest, onto the fluffy white patch then eventually snaking them around his neck. He deepens the kiss by moving me onto his lap. Ugh he is just amazing... we pull away shortly after, so I can catch my breath. Damn. I smile sheepishly at him. "We should be going to bed. It's getting late" I say. He nods in agreement. We take out gloves and socks off and get under the blankets. He pulls me close so we are hip to hip and he wraps his arm around my waist. I love how his inhibitor rights glow in the dark so I know he's there. I soon settle, with him behind me... drifting into a soft sleep. Forgetting what had happened previously.