Chapter Eleven

Começar do início

“Alexis I electrocuted him with my lighting element; I think I may have killed him.” I shout as I follow behind her.

Alexis turns to look at me when the front door burst open with Jace and Erik. My body relaxes when I see them.

Running up to me, Jace asks, “Are you ok I felt your fear? What happened sweet-heart?”

I quickly explain what happen with Luke and how I electrocuted him and thrown him out the back door. Looking at both Jace and Erik, I could feel and see the anger radiate off them. Taking off to the kitchen, Alexis and I quickly follow them. Looking out the back door I see blood, but no Luke; I guess I didn’t kill him.

I look at Jace and Erik and they are having a mental conversation in their minds. Turning to me Jace says, “The pack is going to search for Luke. By the amount of blood you really injured him and we should easily find him. Also someone is coming to clean up and fix the door.”

Alexis and Erik already left to check on the boys. Jace leads me to his office and sets me down so he can check my neck and cheek where Luke effortlessly bruised my skin. I am really tired of looking like a human punching bag.

Closing my eyes I relax into the feel of Jace smooth hands as he gently touches me without hurting me.

“When we find him, I will kill him.” Was all Jace says.

Laughing I add, “I told him that, but he didn’t listen. He was hell bent on teaching me a lesson. Sadly I don’t really know what I did to make him hate me so much.”

Lifting me up into his arms Jace nestles his face into my neck. I know that he was trying to calm his wolf down so I stay quiet. After a few minutes Jace looks at me and kisses my forehead.

“Thank you for getting Kendell out of there.” Jace whispers to me.

I simply answer, “He came to my rescue and got hurt, because of me. I lost control when I saw Luke kicking him. I wanted to rip his head off. I wanted to kill him.”

“We’ll find him, Danni. Don’t worry everything will be ok.” Jace says as he holds me.

I can feel my body melt into him as I drift into a deep sleep.

                Jace’s POV

I carry a sleeping Danni to bed. I gently take off her shoes and change her into one of my shirts. Before I leave, I kiss her again and watch her sleep. I could watch her sleep for years and not get tired of it. Thinking back to when Erik and I ran in the house, I was so relieved to see she was ok. Right a way I could see faint bruises on her left cheek and neck. Once she tells me what Luke did, I was beyond pissed. I was happy that she electrocuted him, but I slightly wished she killed him for what he did to her and Kendell.

Closely the door quietly behind me I go check on Alexis and Erik. They are leaving the boys room and I softy ask, “How is Kent and Kendall?”

“They are ok, scared, but ok. Kendell only has a bruised rib and should heal soon. As soon as I find Luke I will kill him. How is Danni? Alexis told me what she did.” Erik answers.

Sighing I reply, “She is reasonable, but when we find Luke we are both killing him. I’m sure that Alexis would like to join in too.”

“Fudge yeah; no one hurts my son and best friend.” Alexis replies as she walks towards her room.

Erik and I walk down stairs as we meet up with some other pack members who are starting to clean up and fix the door.

Andy walks in as he is putting on his shirt. “We lost his scent about four miles away. It looks like he parked his truck on one of the back roads so he had an easy escape route. He had to have everything planned out. Some are still looking, but I think he is long gone.” He tells Erik and me.

Erik turns to leave and says, “I will send out a picture of him to the surrounding packs. Hopefully they will see him and stop him.”

“Ok, but make sure they don’t kill him, I want him alive. I need to know why he attacked Danni,” I answer.

Walking outside I shift into my wolf and follow Luke’s scent. I have to free my wolf some and I want to know exactly where his scent ended. I come to a dirt road that lies between my house and Danni’s. He probably picked the location so he had easy access to both places, just in case Danni went to her house. With that I run off some stream before returning home to be with my mate.