Chapter 1

Jessica sat in the classroom. She was a high school student and currently attending a teather class. She was there with her best friend Choi Sooyoung. There was many other students, who were from all grades, and Jessica didn’t know too many of them.

She looked around checking the classmates. In one corner, there was a group of girls, who were whispering and giggling with each other. 10thgraders, Jessica thought grimly.

One thing Jessica hated the most, were girls who whispered and lauged in small groups. The other thing were the year-youngers. Jessica was at grade 11, which made those girls exactly the most annoying people to her.

That’s why she was already hating this course. Why had she come here? Why hadn’t she chosen photography or choir or just anything else except this?

One of the giggling girls suddenly raised her head and looked straight at Jessica. Their eyes met for a fraction second before the girl turned to whisper something to her friend’s ear. The friend’s eyes widened and she glanced at Jessica. The two girls started giggling.

Jessica turned away from them. That’s it, she would quit. She wasn’t going to sit here two times a week and stand those people.

‘I quit,’ she stated grimly to Sooyoung.

‘Why? You can’t quit, this haven’t even started yet!’ Sooyoung said.

‘But look at those girls. 10thgraders,’ Jessica groaned and leaned her head to her hands.

‘Yes, this is an all-grade course,’ Sooyoung said sensibly.

‘I hate 10thgraders,’ Jessica whined.

‘Well, gotta admit that they’re annoying,’ Sooyoung said watching the girls. ‘But it’s not like you have to talk to them. Don’t worry about it.’

The class started with a roll call. Jessica didn’t pay much attention to people’s names, but she noticed that the girl who had looked at her was called Im Yoona.

Next they were divided in pairs for an exercise. Jessica was told to be with who else but Yoona.

Jessica cast a furious look at Sooyoung.

‘I don’t have to talk to them? I don’t have to talk to them?’ she said angrily under her breath. Sooyoung gave her an apologising look and went to sit with her own pair, who, obviously, was at the same grade as them.

The girl called Yoona appeared next to Jessica’s desk. She had a timid smile on her face, and she stood there as if she was waiting for Jessica to give her a permission to sit down. Jessica glanced at the girl frustrated, but didn’t say anything. Did the girl try to look cute? Well, she wouldn’t fall for that face.

Teacher started talking again and Yoona quickly slipped to the chair where Sooyoung had been sitting just a while ago.

‘Yoona!’ someone whispered. Jessica turned around and saw that it was Yoona’s friend, the one who the girl had whispered about Jessica. The friend gestured something incomprehensible to Yoona and both girls started giggling. Jessica turned away and tried to prevent herself from screaming.